Spells Question

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
maulxx

Re: Spells Question

Post by maulxx »

Thanks Kerc for the insight. It sounds good to me but I'm not really anywhere near that point yet. I somewhat got character creation down but still fuzzy on all the equipment, horses, ponies, boats & just all the details that I can read but not seeing how they actual apply while playing. I just want to start playing & fill in all the details later. I'm kinda focused on how to play solo & learning to do that as I learn the game which may seem strange to others but makes sense for me right now. I just need to set something up or use a module & go with it because I've reached a point where I'm just reading information without any real references. I might just start with combat scenarios & run them till I I get a decent understanding of it & then see what I can mess around with next.
kerc

Re: Spells Question

Post by kerc »

maulxx wrote:Thanks Kerc for the insight. It sounds good to me but I'm not really anywhere near that point yet. I somewhat got character creation down but still fuzzy on all the equipment, horses, ponies, boats & just all the details that I can read but not seeing how they actual apply while playing. I just want to start playing & fill in all the details later. I'm kinda focused on how to play solo & learning to do that as I learn the game which may seem strange to others but makes sense for me right now. I just need to set something up or use a module & go with it because I've reached a point where I'm just reading information without any real references. I might just start with combat scenarios & run them till I I get a decent understanding of it & then see what I can mess around with next.
Go with the basics:
  • Create a character.
  • Get the basic equipment.
  • Choose a short, simple adventure from Adventure Anthology.
That's it. Don't worry about the complicated stuff. Start with a fighter, then a thief, and then move onward to a spellcaster.
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper