AetherCon

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

AetherCon

Post by Metroknight »

Grab your virtual dice bags folks and mark down November 16-18, 2012 on your calendar, the AetherCon Online RPG Convention is coming to your computer.

We will be featuring tabletop RPGs of all types throughout the weekend highlighted by four three day tournaments of Pathfinder, Call of Cthuhlu, Savage Worlds, and Shadowrun.

Additionally vendors, industry guests, and artists are also in our plans. We will be releasing free downloadable wallpapers throughout the months leading up to the con. You can find the first two, Gormic ‘Pretty’ Nangalmaar as done by White Wolf featured artist Brian LeBlanc and Klandeggin Moltenfist illustrated by Andre Freitas Cardozo here.

All of our events will be run using the Traipse next generation virtual tabletop and its companion browser-based web-client. Both are currently under development with the Beta version of Pious Paladin expected before year’s end. These programs will make it possible for a player to simply click on a link on the event website and ‘sit down at the table’ as it were as opposed to having to download, install, and boot up a separate program as was the case in the past. We are also planning for voice chat technology using Skype technology for some events.

Be sure to visit our websites and show your support for AetherCon via Facebook and Twitter.

You can find us here:
AetherCon
AetherCon Facebook
AetherCon Twitter

If you are Interested in any of the following please send an email to aethercon@eastlink.ca

If you are a GM interested in running a game at AetherCon then contact GM Coordinator John Everson
If you would like to help us bring AetherCon to life then contact Event Manager Stephen J. Holodinsky
If you know of an RPG Community that would like to be a part of AetherCon then contact RPG Community Liaison Trista Woolnough
If you are an artist interested in contributing to AetherCon then contact Event Manager Stephen J. Holodinsky
If you are a game publisher interested in appearing at AetherCon then contact Event Manager Stephen J. Holodinsky
Last edited by Metroknight on Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Metroknight

Re: AetherCon

Post by Metroknight »

I asked Sol before I posted this blurb.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Metroknight wrote:I asked Sol before I posted this blurb.
A Role-Playing Con (at a locale or via online) is definitely on-topic around here. Sounds like an interesting project.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Personally, I think that this is the sort of stuff that should be posted here as it is absolutely gaming related. Even someone's homebrew game whether its for sale or free should be allowed to be posted here. I don't think other items even if they are fantasy related such as a fantasy novel, art, etc, should be allowed unless the post is by someone who regularly posts here. Just my two cents.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I know it is about a year away but the possibility of it needs to be encouraged no matter if it happens or not. I got a strong suspicion this con will happen. The software is being strongly developed right now and I think this convention will be a good way to showcase it's abilities.

So if anyone feels up to spreading the word, you are more then welcomed to do so.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

The date for the convention has changed and the Original post is updated with the new date.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've stickied this; someone remind me when it's all over so I can drop it to normal.

As far as participation goes, I doubt I'll be able to, but I encourage everyone who can to jump in!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

This is just around the corner. Any updates?
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

How familiar do you have be with the games to register? I'd like to play but I haven't played any of the games that are offered.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

wow, that site makes me feel dumb. There is no instruction at all. 100 tables but no way to search systems. This must be an insiders convention.