Best adventure for a one-shot?

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
ShieldBashful

Best adventure for a one-shot?

Post by ShieldBashful »

Hello, I'm running a game of BFRPG for our group in-between other more long-term games. Which module would everyone recommend for a first-time BFRPG GM and his first-time BFRPG "victims"? :D
SmootRK

Re: Best adventure for a one-shot?

Post by SmootRK »

"Castle by the Sea" is short an straightforward enough to get done in reasonable time frame.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
orobouros

Post by orobouros »

If I may, a few tips on running one shots. Start the party off at the beginning of the action. You don't need to give them a hook; they're there to do something. Have some pregens available should somebody die; even better have them roll up 2 characters each. Have them roll them up BEFORE the game starts. Even with quick character creation that's less time you have for your adventure.

As for modules, I wrote one specifically to be a one-shot for a 2 to 3 hour time frame.

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2524

Depending on how long you have you can make it longer or shorter on the fly.
Ragnar

Post by Ragnar »

We recently started a game for our kids, and BF had been perfect. I got my first taste as DM the other day, just to give my buddy a break, and because the kids really wanted to play, and he wasn't ready. I didn't really have time to prep either, so I just pulled out an old magazine, Dungeon#1. I used the adventure "Assault on Edisstone Point." It was fantastic!

Adapting to BF was the easiest thing, as it was only about a 10 page adventure. In fact, other than a few basic changes to NOCs, I really was able to adapt on the fly. The kids loved it!

I'm not sure how easily available it is these days, but I really recommend it. In fact, it seems that adapting to BF is really easy in general, and I look forward too going through many more of these.