Gauntlets of Ogre Power + Girdle of Giant Strength

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Gauntlets of Ogre Power + Girdle of Giant Strength

Post by Solomoriah »

Chassetter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:44 am... I suspect something got lost in the translation from the 3rd Ed. SRD that I'm supposing BFRP is based on.
Incorrect, my friend. Nothing was "lost in translation." BFRPG is based on the 3.5E SRD as a legal thing, not as a content thing; the content is meant to mirror the era of the early 1980's. As you mention, the more "basic" game of that era did not have that particular magic hammer, and I had no interest in adding it to my game.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Chassetter

Post by Chassetter »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 7:14 pm
Chassetter wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:44 am... I suspect something got lost in the translation from the 3rd Ed. SRD that I'm supposing BFRP is based on.
Incorrect, my friend. Nothing was "lost in translation." BFRPG is based on the 3.5E SRD as a legal thing, not as a content thing; the content is meant to mirror the era of the early 1980's. As you mention, the more "basic" game of that era did not have that particular magic hammer, and I had no interest in adding it to my game.
Yes I agree that item is OP as hell! But as I wrote both the gauntlets and belt are stated as stacking in the bx sources (18 strength bonii + attack roll of hill giant + double rolled damage of weapon) that BFRP emulates but yet it isn't stated or represented in the this manner in the its entries. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

BX also doesn't have ascending AC and it has alignment while BFRPG doesn't. There are differences in these and other games, and each group can pick and choose how to run their game, using whatever rule-set they choose.

This thread is diving into minutiae and going in a circle, I'm closing it.