New to BFRPG from Reno Nevada

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Reno

New to BFRPG from Reno Nevada

Post by Reno »

Started RPG's a long time ago, played just about everything in the 80's and early 90's or so. Met some locals that played Pathfinder, thought that was okay but the GM wasn't very good and got tired of us.

Wife wanted to play so I dug into the current state of D&D... found 5e better (in that it seems to have gone back to a lot of 2e if I'm not mistaken ;-) however still overly complicated.

Started a Mythic RPG game, thought that was kind fun but waay too loose.

Read up on a ton of different rulesets and stumbled upon BFRPG, seems about right to me..

Killed a few parties in Morgansfort (and by party I mean, wife running 2 chars and me with one). Right now we're helping a farmer protect his truffle hunting pigs, fighting small bands of Orcs/Bandits is about all we can handle.
SmootRK

Re: New to BFRPG from Reno Nevada

Post by SmootRK »

Welcome.

Try starting at 3000xp to 5000xp for characters, that should get them up and running with a second (sometimes 3rd) level start.

Remember the adventures are written old-school style, so expecting 6 or so characters along with various npc help would be the norm.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Reno

Re: New to BFRPG from Reno Nevada

Post by Reno »

I always feel like I'm cheating just giving out XP. Besides, my wife needs to learn when to run, she's playing a gnome druid and tends to sling once and then charge in and start hitting with a hammer..even when we have 2 fighter minions keeping them busy ;-)

I am giving out XP for GP, and being somewhat generous on the treasure table... so that should help some... at least pays the local priest for healing services!