Where is everybody??

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Joe the Rat

Re: Where is everybody??

Post by Joe the Rat »

Time travel is always tricky.

But I think this could be a handy twist. Is the idea the characters go back to before everything goes down, or is Tunis a do-over? Repeat the last 3 days from where they where then but win what they know now?
Go with a smile!
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

It would definitely involve some serious setup by the DM that's for sure.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
lucky64

Post by lucky64 »

Joe the Rat wrote:Time travel is always tricky.

But I think this could be a handy twist. Is the idea the characters go back to before everything goes down, or is Tunis a do-over? Repeat the last 3 days from where they where then but win what they know now?
Yeah, just the knowlidge. Seems more useful for a more developed party... too bad I'll never live to see 20th level.
Pero 5/5
Galan 7/7, 1 healing potion left
Keiler 9/9, 1 healing potion left
Neville 4/4,
Davros 9/9
Thaddeus 10/10, 1 healing potion left

8:21AM, windy
19th of mid summer
teluria

Post by teluria »

Hi everybody.

Brand new forum member thought I've lurked a bit. I'm getting everything put together to run an online pen and paper campaign based on BFRPG and wanted to share what I'm doing.

At the risk of sounding like an add for NBOS software (I have no affiliation with them other than being a customer) I''m using Screen Monkey for my online table, The Keep to track the information in my campaign, and Fractal Mapper to create all of my maps.

I'm using a mumble server to provide voice chat, since for me part of the fun in DMing is the theatre aspect and it's much easier to do that sort of thing when people can talk rather than just type.

I have a website set up at www.guildlittledog.org to post background information.

The world is called Teluria and is a light fantasy world with much humor (character based).

The first quest involves a love-sick wizard named Aladar the Distractible and the flying pig he created in order to wed the fickle Delara Calphygia (who told him she would marry him when pigs fly). Unfortunately the pig flew out an open window upon being removed from the vat, thus causing Aladar to be heartbroken. He hires the players to go find his pig so that he can achieve his dream of wedding the booteous Delara.

The pig has been captured by a tribe of goblins living under a large hill in the vicinity. However, the Goblins have problems of their own, which they want solved before they will release the pig to the players. The giant grub worm caves in the lower levels of the cavern complex have been getting raided, resulting in the loss of the goblins primary food source, not to mention a few goblins who went to investigate.

The grub worms (and the odd goblin) are being eaten by a very young and naive dragon whose egg was left in one of the caves to hatch 200 years ago. The young dragon would like to go join his family but he is scared of the rats and spiders that lie between him and the exit to the cavern complex.

The rats are a tribe of wererats living in the caves that lead to the cliffs overlooking the ocean. They would like to get rid of the giant spiders who are picking off the occasional wererat (wererats being a delicacy to a hungry spider). As soon as the spiders are gone, they will move out and let the dragon leave.

Meanwhile, two rogues that the characters met on the road in the course of tracking down the pig have managed to sneak into the goblin complex and steal the pig and are holding it for ransom.

The goblins blame the players for their missing pig, as in the meantime they had heard rumors that Aladar would pay good money to get the pig back and were going to double cross the players and ransom the pig back to Aladar themselves. They threaten to imprison the players but decide to let them go since they got rid of the dragon.

The rogues have holed up in an abandoned keep with their gang and have sent a ransom note to Aladar. Aladar will ask the players to act as his go betweens to get back the pig, which will eventually fly out another window in the excitement of the rescue mission and return to Aladar all on its own.

Aladar does pay off, however, though Delera will spurn him yet again.
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of Appreciation
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Sounds like a good time!
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
teluria

Post by teluria »

LIke I said, it's very character driven.

Other characters include:

Torvian Sinnd, the local representative of the Imperium who is a bit of a dandy, but who will essentially act as the player's nemesis for various adventures. Delara (the barmaid) is absolutely besotted with him as she hopes he will be her meal ticket to the Imperial City where she hopes to become an entertainer, but Torvian isn't likely to return her interest as he is mostly interested in tall willowy courtiers of a certain type.

George the Beggar, who has a curse of bad luck which causes him to have frequent, near fatal accidents, but has also been given an ability to recover from any injury. This was given to him by a traveling wizard who felt sorry for him. However, George is tired of being mangled and so wants to have either the curse or the ability gotten rid of. The curse merely being an extremely low dexterity score (4) and a very low Wisdom (5), there's not much that can be done about the curse, but the wizard is rumored to have gone to the Marshes of Madness to consult with Baelzebar the Green about some ingredients for a potion.

Aloysius P Quigbottom is the mayor of the village and will have various journeys for the players to go on.

The local priests (twin brothers) who each follow a different sect of T'nul the Giver. One follows the sect that says that T'nul gives with the left, and the other follows a sect that claims that T'nul gives with the right. The players will eventually be sent to the ancient ruined city of Falcor's Doom to retrieve a document from the library there to settle the matter.

Inga ForgeDaughter is a local smith who is inclined to give all of her weapons outlandish names as it makes them sell better. Thus her best sellikng item is the Flaming Morningstar of Extreme Spikiness (she painted it red for the Flaming bit). None of them have any magical properties, but she will keep the players busy with quests to find the odd ingredient as she just KNOWS the next one will be magical.

Philbert Pinchpenny is a local inventor who creates various adventurers tools which appear to be great ideas, but rarely work out properly. The Blade-o-matic is a single handle with multiple blades that can be selected. How that works in practice is of course not nearly as good as the idea might have seemed at the time.

Meanwhile the Scaled Ones (lizard men, trogs and the Fish People) are massing again for another go at moving out of the Marshes of Madness and into the remainder of the peninsula.
Plagiarism is the sincerest form of Appreciation
elperdedor4

Post by elperdedor4 »

Hello there, I've been a bit of a lurker myself but figured I'd make my gambit now.

Currently I've been gathering up 3+ years of materials for my homebrew campaign world of Iellos, and have been considering making a Campaign Setting Module for BFRPG.

It's a High Fantasy setting, however has it's own lore and mythology. If I went through all of the world there is four continents of various varieties that players would be able to use as their setting, along with many various cities, towns, and of course dungeons/ruins/caves they can explore (and along with that, possibilities of making various Adventure Modules for those). Along with that, there is enough lore to shake a stick at for every continent/region, and it's own pantheon.

My aim for a Campaign Module(s) is to give a DM enough material that they could easily plug in their group into the setting with adventures ranging from beginners to advanced players, and be able to reference information readily if they are uncomfortable with improvision of background story or lore.

I currently have a deviantart account up with some various pieces with the setting; though I'm still in the middle of compiling all the sources I've come up with in the years and writing a story within the setting itself. If you're interested, it's located at http://elperdedor.deviantart.com/ . I have rough sketches of the continents and the world at large, though if a Campaign Module is approved I'd be looking at finding some more well qualified people for art design.

If this interests you, please let me know! I like what's going on with this system, and would be glad to contribute.

Thanks for your time.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Welcome. I look forward to seeing these new campaign projects.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Welcome aboard.. I'm also running a campaign using BFRPG. If Chris doesn't mind me shilling for another website I use Obsidian Portal for my campaign management, its a great way to put all the pieces of your campaign in one place.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome all!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.