Forums on mobile devices

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Clever_Munkey

Forums on mobile devices

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Something I noticed a while back, but never got around to bringing up: When I view a thread on my laptop at the bottom of the page above "Who's Online?" there is a little button that says "Return to '[Board Name].'" When I view a thread on my phone, this little button is not there. I'm not sure if it's a layout issue and it's just getting covered up by something, or if this was intentional.
Call me Joe. Mr. Munkey is my father.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Forums on mobile devices

Post by Solomoriah »

There is an alternate theme for phone users; you can access it from your settings.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

There used to be several themes to choose from, including a mobile-friendly one. However, unless I just can't find where it is, I think the themes were removed with the forum upgrade/re-design. When the upgrade/re-design happened I noticed that the forum was automatically mobile-friendly and I didn't need to change the theme anymore.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I made the site "tablet friendly" by bumping up the size of all the links so I could hit them with my fat fingers. It's not really "phone friendly" though.

Ack. I do see that the alternate theme is no longer here, and yeah, it was probably the upgrade that ate it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Would the theme apply to all devices I use? I use both my computer, and my phone to read stuff, so ideally it would only apply when I use my phone. Otherwise, I can switch between them as I need it, but I'll probably just keep the default layout.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I noticed that depending on the rotation of the phone's screen, verticle or horizontal, the layout changes.

Vertical does not have the return button but if the phone is rotated to horizontal it does.
Clever_Munkey

Post by Clever_Munkey »

Metroknight wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:04 am I noticed that depending on the rotation of the phone's screen, verticle or horizontal, the layout changes.

Vertical does not have the return button but if the phone is rotated to horizontal it does.
Ah-ha! That does change it!