Multiclass Humans

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Boggo

Re: Multiclass Humans

Post by Boggo »

OOF from level 10 onwards that's BRUTAL
No matter where you go...there you are
Seven

Post by Seven »

It's basically a cleric who doesn't fight as much but gets some thief abilities.
Not unlike a bard, I'd say.

It probably works best if you can focus the thief abilities on a few skills.

One might has well play a cleric and hire a thief as an underling.
However, robe priests are a basic archetypes of sword and sorcery.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

you are actually significantly better across the board either playing a cleric or thief and hiring the other class as support
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Considering its levels and values, the combo will be heavily dependent on its special abilities the bigger its level gets behind the single classes.
Until level 9-10 there's no much difference with single classes, after that they really get behind.
When everyone is at the end levels the combo will be at midway (not the MK one).
Jack of all trades master of none.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Temple_Knight

Post by Temple_Knight »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm I don't think Temple is asking what you think he's asking. I think he's asking about the cleric/thief.

I don't like them but I can't give you a stronger or clearer explanation than that.
Then why bother expressing your opinion.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Temple_Knight wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:54 pm
Solomoriah wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:41 pm I don't think Temple is asking what you think he's asking. I think he's asking about the cleric/thief.

I don't like them but I can't give you a stronger or clearer explanation than that.
Then why bother expressing your opinion.
You do know I'm the principal author and rightsholder, right?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
DuncleJohn

Post by DuncleJohn »

I could see a Cleric Thief as kind of a monster hunter / Vampire Slayer type character that values a cautious approach against a deadly quarry.

Alternatively I could see them as an effective inquisitor who deals with internal church politics who maybe believes in a greater good type philosophy who figures their god will look the other way if maybe they slip some incriminating evidence into the desk drawer of a corrupt priest, or swipes a lost relic from a competing temple, or puts a knife into the back of an informant for another heretical sect.

Kind of an invisible hand for the Church kind of deal.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

DuncleJohn wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:00 pm I could see a Cleric Thief as kind of a monster hunter / Vampire Slayer type character that values a cautious approach against a deadly quarry.

Alternatively I could see them as an effective inquisitor who deals with internal church politics who maybe believes in a greater good type philosophy who figures their god will look the other way if maybe they slip some incriminating evidence into the desk drawer of a corrupt priest, or swipes a lost relic from a competing temple, or puts a knife into the back of an informant for another heretical sect.

Kind of an invisible hand for the Church kind of deal.
but not as good at the job as either a cleric or a thief...
DuncleJohn

Post by DuncleJohn »

@Boggo

I guess will we respectfully disagree.

I see a lot of potential for a Thief with access to Silence, Locate Object, and Darkness.

Or a Cleric who can pick pockets, backstab, and get into and out of situations via Climb Walls, MS/ HiS which does not cost resources to use.

Sometimes a character can be greater than the sum of their parts by having a variety of options available and then you can see new and better ways to put those pieces together.
Ninja Bear

Post by Ninja Bear »

Fighter/Thief bad combo? Ummm Conan? He’s the archetype of Fighter/Thief.