The Western Lands Setting

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Hackworthy

The Western Lands Setting

Post by Hackworthy »

I like the framework setting provided in Morgansfort and I've built upon it a lot. Incorporating places and adventures of my own creation and drawn from AA1, AA2 and Castle by the Sea, I'm currently working on a sort of "underdark" for the Western Lands because I'm a lover of Dwarves and Gnomes but I was wondering if there is any other material pertaining to the Western Lands or if it stands alone in Morgansfort.
Metroknight

Re: The Western Lands Setting

Post by Metroknight »

You might want to dig around in the showcase or workshop forums for bits and pieces. I remember there is a religion thread for that setting and I think a couple of other things also.

I'm hacking my morgansfort setting up and changing things around.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I've got a thread somewhere where I was describing how I fit the various modules into the Western Lands, but I haven't updated it in a long time.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hackworthy

Post by Hackworthy »

A big nod to Onno Tasler, Ruin of Darkfir Castle was the introductory adventure which led into the Western Lands for us. The associated Darkfir Village I created became the epicenter of my group's adventures for the first few on-the-fly adventures I ran at the low levels. I located it almost directly south of Novatia, on the mainland.

I used the Western Lands as a setting but they haven't actually gone to the eponymous fort or done the Dungeons yet. I did some original adventures set on Covaris but they're only just now looking at doing Olde Island Fortress.