New Class Idea: The Engineer

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Eric42

Re: New Class Idea: The Engineer

Post by Eric42 »

Here's a very basic outline for what I intend for this class, now called the Machinist. I have not filled in the automations or mechanical weapons parts yet as I am trying to figure out the "stats" that I will need for both. I have rough ideas that I am still trying to figure out on paper. Suggestions?
Attachments
The Machinist Class for Basic Fantasy.pdf
(89.11 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Dimirag

Re: New Class Idea: The Engineer

Post by Dimirag »

Some suggestions (please note that this is how I would do it)

Requirements score of 9 or better (I don't like to use higher reqs):
-Dexterity: Thief sub-class legacy (I like to maintain the core class attribute requirement)
-Intelligence: Learning capacity, inventiveness...
-Wisdom: Inspiration, confidence...

Hit Dice: Either d4 or d6 if the class is one that's physically active.

The Machinist gets a level based pool of points, these points can be used daily to create his inventions by purchasing qualities. There is a level limit as to how many points can be used on a same creation. Obviously the require materials should be available (should they have their own gold cost?) Automatons require the expenditure of this points daily in maintenance (the more costly the creation, the more points it needs).

True Automatons are made similar to magic items: Int + Wis score + 10% per level - quality cost total.

XP should be balance at the end once everything else is done.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/