Combo class -

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Combo class -

Post by SmootRK »

I am mobile right now, but via facebook an error seems to have found.

I will update this later when i dont have to type on phone, but this little issue ought to be fixed in any upcoming release. Has to do with weapons allowed by f/mu vs th/mu.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Seven

Re: Combo class -

Post by Seven »

I guess it's just another minor errata for the core rules.
I don't think anybody is under the impression that a F/M-U is limited to dagger and walking staff.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Seven wrote: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:03 am I guess it's just another minor errata for the core rules.
I don't think anybody is under the impression that a F/M-U is limited to dagger and walking staff.
Yeah, I wasn't under that impression. But if it were the case it would be pretty hilarious.
"All fear Gortar, the Warrior-Mage! Fear the fire he calls from his Eldritch Powers, and fear the blow of his mighty.... Walking Staff!
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah actually addressed it directly in the Facebook post, so I never revisited it here.

Both F/MU and T/MU may actually use any weapon. It is just that both entries don't really spell it out directly. The T/MU says it explicitly, so made the F/MU entry seem lacking/slightly-confusing.

Bearing in mind also that most other game/editions do not give Thief this trait of any weapon. I too conflated this part (incorrectly). The BFRPG rules as written are technically quite correct, only perhaps a bit unclear between the two entries... so no real issue. Future releases may tweak the text to make it more clear.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?