I'm Thankful...

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
AlMan

I'm Thankful...

Post by AlMan »

For the Thanksgiving Holiday I would like to express my thanks to BFRPG artists for their hard work and beautiful illustrations; BFRPG Authors for the Adventures and Supplements that make the game work and expand its appeal; and Chiisu81 for the difficult job of editing and keeping all the documents going, and last, but not the least, Solomoriah for starting this great game and his continued support.
teaman

Re: I'm Thankful...

Post by teaman »

AlMan wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:27 am For the Thanksgiving Holiday I would like to express my thanks to BFRPG artists for their hard work and beautiful illustrations; BFRPG Authors for the Adventures and Supplements that make the game work and expand its appeal; and Chiisu81 for the difficult job of editing and keeping all the documents going, and last, but not the least, Solomoriah for starting this great game and his continued support.
Seconded! Because everything is free, it is the perfect game for online play. It's the lingua franca of the OSR!

And I'm very thankful for my Thursday night roll20 gaming group. They're the best! One of them is AngryMonk who posts here.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I would like to jump in here in agreemant as well. I am still fairly new here but cannot believe the work and dedication Solomoriah and this community has put in over the past 15 years!! You have really started something great here Solomoriah, I can't believe it took me this long to find it but with the amazing stack of modules and supplements there is truely something for everyone here. I find myself evangelizing about BFRPG on the reddit/r/osr becuase many people still don't know what this game is capable of, but find it is exactly what they need. New guy lokoing to try out OSR style play? try BFRPG, it's free! Guy having a hard time finding the old school modules like Caves of chaos? Try BFRPG modules, .... they are also free! Guy wants to play BECMI rules but neds a ranger class for a certain player? BFRPG!
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

As an open source fan for 20 years and a fantasy RPG fan for 40 years, Basic Fantasy couldn't have been a more perfect system to discover. So, I'm thankful to Chris for starting this and for the incredible community that rallied around it. Its modularity makes it customizable into the exact design and complexity I'm looking for, with the freedom to change on the fly. And the at-cost books... wow. Another gift to humanity. Ten-year-old me living on my paperboy income would have loved this, but Dad-saving-heavily for his kids' future loves it too.
teaman

Post by teaman »

I'm hoping Lulu has a big 30% off coupon. I'll have to see what's in print that I don't already own.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

CptClyde wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:31 am ...
I find myself evangelizing about BFRPG on the reddit/r/osr becuase many people still don't know what this game is capable of, but find it is exactly what they need. New guy lokoing to try out OSR style play? try BFRPG, it's free! Guy having a hard time finding the old school modules like Caves of chaos? Try BFRPG modules, .... they are also free! Guy wants to play BECMI rules but neds a ranger class for a certain player? BFRPG!
I find myself evangelizing Basic Fantasy as well. Its low cost, commitment to simplicity, and collaborative community are at the heart of the game I loved as a kid, and has helped me share that game with my own kids.
A big THANK YOU to Solo, Chi, and the other core team for keeping the engine going.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks everyone 8-) I'm also grateful to Chris for starting this, and for all of the writers, editors, artists, and others who have contributed and have continued to help keep this going!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thank you, all.

I'm thankful for the active, interested community willing to pitch in and help. I'm especially thankful to all our artists, to our moderators, to AlMan for copyediting, and most of all to Chi for keeping everything moving (and for copyediting, naturally).

Again, thank you all!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I would like to say im thankful to how ambitious and community driven this place is. The creation of BFRPG is something I felt had that spark in which it feels so much more expansive. I feel without much worry, being able to just buy the core rules and a module is more that you get. Also the beauty of simplicity and more to build upon with the book itself and other material used for your games.

Though thank you folks who have put a lot of hard work to creating this game and others who let their creativity drive them.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

I don't know what I could possibly add to the list so far, so I'll just say "Hear, hear! Fully in agreement." Seriously, thanks to all the BFRPG community.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II