BFRPG Paper minis

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
CptClyde

BFRPG Paper minis

Post by CptClyde »

There is such an abundance of artistic talent around this community I am wondering if any of the artists have ever considered creating sets of paper minis for download and print? I am aware this would be potentially a lot of work so completely understandable if not interested. I just thought it would be pretty cool for BFRPG to also have their own unique set of minis free for download and ready to be printed, cut-out and used. I don't believe ANY of the other OSR clones have anything like that.
I suppose most of the existing monster art could be used and simply resized and stuffed into a mini template. I'd love to see so artistic heroes in full body shots, or top down or portrait or even cartoony ones like on Roll20 (Teaman already has quite a collection of portrait style images I see).

Anyhow I don't think I can take this on myself at the moment and don't want to create unwanted work on anyone else. just mostly thinking out loud and wondering if anyone had already considered this. Rock on BFRPG community!
Rosisha

Re: BFRPG Paper minis

Post by Rosisha »

I'm not a really good artist, but I could try to make some black and white tokens and minis too. And if anyone wants to color them or use them, they are more than welcome to them. I have been working on some ravenkin pictures inspired by teaman, so I can try to make a few of them :)

Edit: I threw this together super quick - I know it's super amateur hour (just pencil on paper) but this is what you mean right?

Additionally, does anyone have recommendations? Thoughts? Suggestions? Critiques?
papermini_test.jpg
papermini_test.jpg (3.39 MiB) Viewed 3245 times
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Absolutely what I mean yes! That is a great sketch lol I love this kind of unique stuff and it wouldn't matter if artists each had their own version of the same monsters because each artists style is different. And I could see myself downloading a set of minis to match the mood/feel of my campaign. So one campaign I might use Artist_A's mini set and then use Artist_B's mini set for the next.

Here's an example of what I am suggesting:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAD

Here is a blank template example:
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=htt ... AdAAAAABAV
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

This is as far as BFRPG has come regarding paper minis, it may be a good starting place for those wanting to work on a similar thing
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Oh wow that is great. Exactly what I had in mind and that has the template done.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

If you (or anybody else) are going to use existing art I suggest you to talk with Solo and the corresponding artists so you have proper agreement on its usage.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

To avoid all that I was hoping the artists would just fill some templates with art and offer them up themselves actually. Maye an ongoing file in their respective art threads or something. Maybe a dedicated workshop thread for for artists to show off their mini sets.
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

That post was awesome. We should totally work on that (though I kind of want to make my own!) I also want to make 3D terrain with paper too! :D That looks like fun. I have a few 3D projects I'm working on. I've been saving very nice glass jelly jars from the store to make potion bottles. I've scrapped all the labels off, am going to create my own labels, and get some nicely colored twine and other decoratives as well as appropriately colored dice.

I am also working on making "lanterns" and "torches" that count down too.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

I'd love to see your minis and 3d paper terrain. That'd be great to have for my games.
Lanterns and torches that countdown? You mad-scientist you! I've never heard of such awesomeness! I look forward to seeing that!
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

It's a stolen idea! Haha! So when I was a kid, I had this game where you were a miner and you went into a mine that had spiders. You had a lantern and a little oil and you had to find gold before your oil ran out and you were attacked by spiders. Something like that. But the lantern really counted down, like you could pull it and it would slowly run out of fuel. And you were trying to get as many gold tokens as possible to win. It was interesting but I can't remember the name to save my life (I tried googling it but couldn't find it).