Random d100 tables for BFRPG

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
GrimlinJoe

Random d100 tables for BFRPG

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Currently I am running my first campaign as a DM. I've been trying to keep up on generating encounters and NPC's as we go but this is starting to leave me wondering a few things. For my solo sessions that I have played in the past I have utilized random d100 tables or just random tables in general for creating things on the fly to streamline play and not have to put too much work into generating things for my adventures. I have looked through a few random d100 tables books but often find that they don't always translate when it comes to Basic Fantasy so it requires a little extra time to convert aspects of the results. So this leads me to my question.

Has there been any consideration to make a random tables companion/supplement for Basic Fantasy?

I know some random tables already exist in the rules and some of the additional supplements but it would be really handy to have a one stop shop for random generation for basic fantasy.
CptClyde

Re: Random d100 tables for BFRPG

Post by CptClyde »

The random hexcrawl procedures over in the "Hexcrawl Adventures" supplement candidate may be right up your ally:
https://www.basicfantasy.org/forums/vie ... =19&t=3987
GrimlinJoe

Re: Random d100 tables for BFRPG

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I am definitely going to use that in the future. I guess I'm looking for something more akin to Matt David's Book of random tables