Who is Derej The Mage???

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
GrimlinJoe

Who is Derej The Mage???

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Hello BFRPG Enthusiast,

I bought a copy of the Basic Fantasy Field guide over the weekend (slowly piecing together the print versions) and as I was flipping through and enjoying all the new creatures that I am going to get to play with when I landed on Derej Pit Creatures and immediately this made me ask the question "Who is Derej The Mage?".
Dimirag

Re: Who is Derej The Mage???

Post by Dimirag »

Those creatures where created by user Jered Taikith, Jered read backward is.....
There are no stats for him, Jered has not been around for years now so I doubt there will be more accurate data about him.

From time to time you'll find some named NPC with no stats (such as Ivozor and John Hawk from The Magical Item Compendium), feel free to create as much as you need for them.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Sounds good. Got alittle inspired from reading the entry and thought it would make for a cool adventure concept for the party members to be forced into the fighting pits and find a way to escape their enslavement with Derej being the antagonist.
Seven

Post by Seven »

I cases like that, I just rename the creature or the item.
Well, actually, I don't name them at all. I let the players figure a name for them.
Tazer_The_Yoot

Post by Tazer_The_Yoot »

GrimlinJoe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:56 pm Sounds good. Got alittle inspired from reading the entry and thought it would make for a cool adventure concept for the party members to be forced into the fighting pits and find a way to escape their enslavement with Derej being the antagonist.
Go for it. Just build him like a Magic-User PC. It needn't even be the original. It could be an imposter or a Simulacrum/Clone. Think about what level he'd have to be to have access to the materials and money required to create such abominable creatures - at least eighth level - and build him based on that.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Tazer_The_Yoot wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:09 am
GrimlinJoe wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 3:56 pm Sounds good. Got alittle inspired from reading the entry and thought it would make for a cool adventure concept for the party members to be forced into the fighting pits and find a way to escape their enslavement with Derej being the antagonist.
Go for it. Just build him like a Magic-User PC. It needn't even be the original. It could be an imposter or a Simulacrum/Clone. Think about what level he'd have to be to have access to the materials and money required to create such abominable creatures - at least eighth level - and build him based on that.
Good call will do thank you