Virtual Tabletop Games

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Heartshadow

Virtual Tabletop Games

Post by Heartshadow »

I am one of those "old school" gamers from back in the late 80s/early 90s. I am so excited to see the BFRPG since it brings back memories of how D&D used to be (and early Fantasy Trip, Runequest, etc.). I am quite interested in playing or running some games, and was wondering if there is any interest in putting together a group to run a Roll20 campaign.

I'm happy to do the work to build the maps (unless they're already out there and I just need to find them), create the tokens, and update Roll20 with the appropriate rules/macros. It might take some time, so I wanted to find out what the interest might be before I began such a big task.

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here!
feveredmonk

Re: Virtual Tabletop Games

Post by feveredmonk »

I'd be interested in participating as a player. Like you my gaming started in the early 80s - with BECMI and Traveler. Some friends have asked me to DM an old-school RPG, we were previously trying out Pathfinder second edition and abandoned that in favor of an old school system. I'd like the opportunity to play for a change!

If you're looking for an online player, I'm interested in a seat at the table :-)
teaman

Post by teaman »

I've been running on roll20 for a number of years, and would be happy to offer any technical advice if you need it.

Best of luck, online play means more play and that's wonderful.

From experience, it's best to provide pregenerated characters for folks. Let them choose from a few and you can get playing faster. I personally start them at 3rd level with maximum HP for survivability, but that's your call.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Mrjeffkershner

Post by Mrjeffkershner »

I would love to play. I e been running my kid and friends through 5e for a couple years and really want the feeling of a dangerous adventure back. I'm on the US west coast.
Tail end Charlie

Post by Tail end Charlie »

Hi Teaman,
I would be interested, however I'm in Australia, so finding a convenient time to join in would probably be an issue.

If you find Roll20 too much of a challenge, I can recommend using a combination of either Discord or Zoom, Jamboard or Whiteboard Team.

I have used Discord and Jamboard, and it gives me the old school feel of running a game.

all the best

TeC
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I have a player showing up for my 6:00pm CST Wednesday game at 1:00am local time... egad.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
teaman

Post by teaman »

Tail end Charlie wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:13 am Hi Teaman,
I would be interested, however I'm in Australia, so finding a convenient time to join in would probably be an issue.

If you find Roll20 too much of a challenge, I can recommend using a combination of either Discord or Zoom, Jamboard or Whiteboard Team.

I have used Discord and Jamboard, and it gives me the old school feel of running a game.

all the best

TeC
Heartshadow is the one running the game. Just wanted to clarify so you have the right person.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
thistleknot

Post by thistleknot »

interested
docgeo

Post by docgeo »

I am not sure if this is a dead thread. I would be interested too. I will have to say I am not the most tech guy out there and I don't have facebook. I did play in a 5E campaign in 2017 for a year from Korea over facetime and it was okay from my perspective.
Mythos

Post by Mythos »

I am also very interested, although I haven't played any real campaigns (or even a single game). You'll have to put up with my lack of experience. I also live in Greece, so I'm not sure how the time difference could work out. That being said, I'm extremely willing to learn the game, which is exactly what I've been doing for the past few weeks. I'm looking at DMing and creating my own campaigns in the future (hopefully in 1-2 years or so).