Upcoming Videos (not released yet)

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Upcoming Videos (not released yet)

Post by Solomoriah »

Those of you who have been following my Solomoriah Speaks video series may have noticed that recently I started releasing episodes weekly; and if you noticed that, you might have also noticed that I did not release one this last weekend.

No, I haven't quit making them. Several people have asked me about my process for creating adventures, and quite a few others have asked for more "actual play" videos. So I'm doing both. A week ago today we ran the first session of an adventure titled "Royal Catacomb of Adrih" (with many thanks to Dyson Logos who has shared the map of the same name for free). I created the adventure over the course of the last week, starting on it on Monday the 22nd of February, running the first session using the draft copy on the 24th, and now a second session using the complete and even somewhat polished "final" version. The guys are now in striking distance of finishing this small "side quest" dungeon, and I expect (if they don't get themselves killed) they will finish it next week.

My plan is to release the first actual play video this weekend. I ran into problems due largely to my inexperience in recording these things, making the editing process quite slow. I expect to get things done in much better order with the second actual play (tonight's session) and should be able to release it the weekend of the 13th-14th, and the final (hopefully) session will be released the weekend of the 20th-21st.

After all of that, I will finally release the next Solomoriah Speaks video, in which I will do a show and tell about the process of designing the dungeon itself. That video is already nearly done, with all the audio and video recorded... I just have a little editing left to do. That episode should be released the weekend of the 27th-28th.

Hopefully this will answer all the questions people have asked me about how I run games, and how I write adventures. It might even be entertaining, who knows?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rosisha

Re: Upcoming Videos (not released yet)

Post by Rosisha »

I demand no entertainment. You must put the heat up to max, wear a cassock. You will scream into the camera about fire and brimstone if a player does not use the right dice. WE MUST PURGE THE SINFULLNESS! I SAW LIZZY PROCTOR SPEAKING WITH THE DEVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PresGas

Re: Upcoming Videos (not released yet)

Post by PresGas »

I am looking forward to seeing more actual play vids. I think it is a great way to "compare notes" so to speak! Thanks for the update, Solomoriah.
You've been chosen as an extra
in the movie adaptation
of the sequel to your life
-Pavement

Hosting the OSRIC and Dangerous Dungeons! Wiki:
https://osricwiki.presgas.name/doku.php?id=index

GPG Public Key:
https://keybase.io/robertfreemanday/pgp_keys.asc