New spells

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Saltmarsh

New spells

Post by Saltmarsh »

Hi all has any one thought of adding new spells to the game?
When I say new I more mean some of the ones from 1st ed or Labyrinth Lord if so how did you do it and what was the outcome?
SmootRK

Re: New spells

Post by SmootRK »

I worked hard on this supplement:
https://www.basicfantasy.org/showcase.cgi?sid=20
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Saltmarsh

Post by Saltmarsh »

Thanks I'll give it a good read through
And up the Irons
daryen

Post by daryen »

Last year I went through the Illusionist and Necromancer supplements and filled out their spell selections to give them the same weight as the Spellcrafter and Magic User. Then I worked on the New Spells supplement to give everyone something to play with, not just Magic Users and Clerics. All of the current versions include those updates.

I had been working on the Libram Magica (which is what Smoot referenced), but it got bogged down in the minutia of how to actually get the file updated. (Which really has yet to be solved.) That effort didn't actually add any new spells; it just updated the Libram Magica to include all of the above efforts. The updated file is in the discussion thread for Libram Magica. So, if you want to update that (which I heartily encourage), then please use the updated version so you don't have to go pulling from all of those sources all over again.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Indeed. daryen's new version updates much.
daryen, please create a new Showcase Item with the files you updated (so that it is controlled/managed by you), as I seriously doubt I will have opportunities in near future to update or manage the file myself.

It was always a major collaborative effort, so I don't feel like it is something that I should claim "ownership" over. I am happy to pass the reigns on. Once you have a file up, I will take the original versions down.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
daryen

Post by daryen »

OK. I will work through that later this week. (Real world work just won't let me do it before then, unfortunately.)
Saltmarsh

Post by Saltmarsh »

Well I've had a quick read and like it a lot thanks