Stories from your Campaigns or Recent Games

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Guffaw

Stories from your Campaigns or Recent Games

Post by Guffaw »

One thing that I've noticed in the OSR community in general, (Not just BFRPG,) is that people don't really share stories of what happened in their games. There always seems to be discussion of rules or ideology surrounding OSR games, but never just tales from the games themselves. Let's alleviate that!

What are some entertaining stories from BFRPG campaigns you've played in the past? What's going on in your current campaign? What kind of character are you playing? What's your party like? What are their current objectives for upcoming sessions?
teaman

Re: Stories from your Campaigns or Recent Games

Post by teaman »

I'll share here, if I may:

We just rebooted and the characters are presently looking for a dwarven pickup truck (it floats on 4 Floating Disk spells instead of using tires.) The dwarven blacksmith who created it (with help from a local retired wizard) hired the party. The blacksmith's son and his buddies had it stolen from them when they took it out into the bush for a drinking party.

Here's a token of the truck:
1truck[fantasy,vehicle,steampunk].png
1truck[fantasy,vehicle,steampunk].png (210.59 KiB) Viewed 1734 times
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

A truck!? That's awesome.
My recent solo game of Randos saw the first death of a party member after about 8h of play (which is a record for me, I've usually recycled the entire party by now.... maybe I'm getting better lol).
We lost the bard to a poison gas trap on a sarcophagus. So we went back to town to recruit. Turns out the town has been periodically assaulted by a Basalisk. I've been considering searching out the Basalisks lair and devising a plan to try and kill it. Problem is we're still level 1 so will require some serious prep and luck. Either way, we do some information gathering around town and managed to find out what the beasts lair treasure is (maybe due to the items lost to it by failed attempts to kill it). Either way I rolled the random lair treasure to find the thing has a ring of remedies in its hoard! Huh cool. Anyhow we then recruit a new 4th party member, rolling him up randomly as usual. I rolled a feeble yet smart elf peasant dyer (which is perfect as I do not yet have a magic user). Problem is I rolled "far sighted" for a disadvantage so the poor loser can't become a wizard if he cant read. But the dice have surprisingly developed a pretty sweet story here. The elf dyer has suffered an accident and recently become partially blind and cannot work as a dyer anymore. He has also heard the rumours of the Ring of Remedies and has joined the adventurers in hopes of helping anyway he can to get a chance at healing from that ring.
I could not have came up with such a great story if I tried, yet the dice have pretty much layed it all out for me. Amazing. Looks like we're off to find a basalisk lair.
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

I don't want to turn this into a 200 page essay, so I'll just hit the highlights:
My players acquired a pendant in a buried ruin on a sky island (the entire realm is made of sky islands that blow up every now and then. A new forms somewhere away from where the explosion was).
I had a skeleton attack them in the tavern and had it steal the pendant.
The wood golem paladin (yes I home-brewed my own race for a wood golem) pulled of the skeleton's thumb.
Next round the skeleton attempted to escape only to be dog piled on by 2 drunk elves and a wood golem. All that remained was the pendant and a thumbless hand, which they took as a trophy.
They visited their old friend Kulmold the wizard and got a quest from him: A magic gem has been stolen and he suspects a clan of scavenger goblins stole it.
On the way to the goblin camp they encountered a knight fighting 5 goblins. Naturally they helped him.
First round 2 goblins died: one was blown off the island by the wind and the second was kneed in the head by a wood golem. Then the knight was knocked unconscious.
My players decided to rob the super important npc knight, but only found the dead pack rat and none of the rings he was going to give them as a reward for fending off the goblins (the remaining 3 had failed their morale and were retreating back to their base.
The wood golem failed his stealth check and the goblins noticed him lumbering after them. So they raised the alarm when they got back to their camp (they were surprisingly very fit).
The two elves snuck in, and the wood golem met the 7 goblins running out of the camp.
The wood golem picked up a tent and scooped the goblins up in it, then left them in a tangled mess and followed the other two.
The 2 elves were caught and one got their nose smashed in by a head butting goblin.
The wood golem caught up to see a dagger fly into a goblin's butt.
Then the 3 raided the big tent to find the orc (who was leading the goblins) and the magic gem. The orc decided to moonwalk outta their due to his forces being all dead, and due to the fact that a 6 foot tall (yes I home brewed the size as well) wooden construct wearing a thumbless skeletal hand around it's neck was glaring at it.
They raided the tent, and the 2 elves heard the orc and the goblins in the tent come back to murderize them, so they booked it.
They then found a bunch of Screw (buffed up vultures with blue feathers and teeth) attacking a half ogre shaman. The shaman rewarded them for helping him with 3 magic bones. The elven assassin through their bone to the ground (thinking it was worthless) and then it turned into a friendly skeleton. So now they all got skeletal pets!
They met Gliskey the potion merchant, but none of them were interested in the potions, not even the discounted bladder o'matic potion. And we ended the session at the town gates.
As you can tell we're all teenagers, so while this may seem a little over the top to you guys it was amazing for us XD
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?