Solo play in BFRPG

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
CptClyde

Re: Solo play in BFRPG

Post by CptClyde »

This right here:
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4183
PerformanceChecks

Post by PerformanceChecks »

sorry for not clarifying but I meant the rumor tables (by the way I love the hexcrawl supplement)
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Thank you, glad the supplements is of interest/use. I use the "Legends and Rumours" system described in that supplement. When I played that out I believe I went to the Tavern and asked around specifically about the Badalisk (no -4 since the basalisk attacks would be the talk of the town). I rolled well enough to get the first piece of info which is "treasure". So we know we're deal with a basalisk already so I simply looked up the basalisk stats for lair treasure and rolled for random treasure to find out what was rumored to be in that lair. A week later I think I was able to roll for another rumour info and got the location of the Basalisk lair.
Wolf619

Post by Wolf619 »

I like to use Four against darkness for dungeon generation. It's basically another sort of clone of d&d so you can just slap in basic fantasy stats and use 4AD as a frame. D100 dungeon has a great little map rolling system too.
Edit: Oh I forgot, '4th core alphabet', it's free on drivethrurpg.
FilBot3

Post by FilBot3 »

Necromancing a bit. I wanted to throw this out there for making creatures or foes easier to solo. It's from Kevin Crawford of Sine Nomine Publishing. This little supplement is free, but I enjoy using it to do solo play using Old-School Essentials.

DriveThruRPG - Black Streams Heroes