Cities for Western Lands Campaign

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
TheOrcSorcerer

Cities for Western Lands Campaign

Post by TheOrcSorcerer »

Hi everyone. I'm new(ish) to Basic Fantasy and might run the Morgansfort book for some players sometime. Is there any available info for the cities (Slateholm, Beth, Ravenstone etc) anywhere?

I thought if not I'd base them loosely on cities from other fiction. For instance Ravenstone could be like Marienburg from Warhammer (turned upside down). Maybe Slateholm could be like Middenheim and Noviatia could be like The Imperial City from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion?

Just ideas. Anyone else have any info on the setting or fleshed out your own interesting cities?
The Orc Sorcerer

Keeping Winterhold safe since 4E 201
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Cities for Western Lands Campaign

Post by Solomoriah »

I wrote a novella set in Slateholm which is available on Amazon.com here:

EBook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRRELZI
Print https://www.amazon.com/dp/149535024X

It's pretty much canon since I created the Western Lands originally.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

TheOrcSorcerer wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:34 am Hi everyone. I'm new(ish) to Basic Fantasy and might run the Morgansfort book for some players sometime. Is there any available info for the cities (Slateholm, Beth, Ravenstone etc) anywhere?

I thought if not I'd base them loosely on cities from other fiction. For instance Ravenstone could be like Marienburg from Warhammer (turned upside down). Maybe Slateholm could be like Middenheim and Noviatia could be like The Imperial City from Elder Scrolls: Oblivion?

Just ideas. Anyone else have any info on the setting or fleshed out your own interesting cities?
Welcome to the community.

The cool thing about BFRPG and it's default setting is that you can change anything and everything. In my game, I have it set in a whole different world with the locations placed differently. Slateholm, in my game, is not the same as Solomoriah or others. The same for other sites such as Morgansfort.

What you run will be your game and have your fingerprints all over it. If you want to make Ravenstone like Marienburg, go for it. If you want Slateholm to be like Middenheim, have a blast. It is your game. That is what is so cool about BFRPG. It is not tied into a specific, set in stone, setting. Everything is open for each GM to make it into theirs.

Break out the pencils, roll those dice, and have a wonderful day.
TheOrcSorcerer

Post by TheOrcSorcerer »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:01 am I wrote a novella set in Slateholm which is available on Amazon.com here:

EBook https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRRELZI
Print https://www.amazon.com/dp/149535024X

It's pretty much canon since I created the Western Lands originally.
Thanks Chris. I actually saw that on Amazon and have purchased the Kindle version.
The Orc Sorcerer

TheOrcSorcerer

Post by TheOrcSorcerer »

Thanks I will probably have a blast doing that. Was just wondering if they had appeared in other material I could use.

I've generally had my own setting from back when we used to play Tunnels & Trolls but since then we've dabbled with Warhammer, MERP, 7th Sea etc was was interested in the Western Lands setting.
The Orc Sorcerer