Issues with the formatting of the core rules odt

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Ioannes_Nuncius

Issues with the formatting of the core rules odt

Post by Ioannes_Nuncius »

I am unable to open the odt in Libreoffice 7.2 without altering the formatting such that nothing is on the correct page according to the table of contents. I thought it was a font issue, so I found the fonts I thought I was missing "Soutane" and "SoutaneBlack." that helped some, but it's still way off. Maybe there are more missing fonts?

I think now the images are misplaced. Besides that I'm not sure what is throwing everything off. Maybe I need to use an older version of Libreoffice? Has anyone faced and overcome this problem with the bfrpg texts? Any tips to get everything back in order?
Dimirag

Re: Issues with the formatting of the core rules odt

Post by Dimirag »

I think Solo has said that the .odt is not something to be used for reading as the layout always breaks.

Unless you want to do several edits use the .pdf, otherwise try removing the art and working with a pure text file, if you want to upload the file here ask Solo about it and the artists before adding art.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Yes, odt file will vary based upon exact versions of fonts used, computer configuration, OS (such as linux vs Windows) or other obscure factors that really don't make a lot of sense... but it almost never looks alike on different systems. Just a fact.

If you want nicely formatted, consistent viewing, you will need to use PDF versions where the formatting is locked, essentially behaving like an image instead of a working, editable document.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, getting the flow worked out is pure black magic, level 7 at least.

Use the PDF. Seriously.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Ioannes_Nuncius

Post by Ioannes_Nuncius »

Yeah, I was trying to insert some of the supplements I liked, but it seems the easier way is to just work on those smaller texts and merge them with the pdf. I'll just give them page numbers like 42a, 42bto keep the table of contents accurate. If the insertions are all even numbers of pages that should keep the left-right formatting correct. Not quite as seamless as I was hoping, but seamless enough I'm sure.