Humanoid M-U

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Ninja Bear

Humanoid M-U

Post by Ninja Bear »

I have a cool mini of a Kobold which looks to be a M-U. The stats in the Core book don’t mention them (or any other evil monster either) having M-U in their ranks. I’m pretty sure the answer is just write one up. I was just wondering if anyone might have suggestions as to M-U levels a race might have.

TIA
SmootRK

Re: Humanoid M-U

Post by SmootRK »

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads/BF-M ... ent-r4.pdf

Start here, then tweak to suit your ideas about what is appropriate for your campaign.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

I would suggest the HD+1 for it being a spellcaster. As Kobolds are 1d4 hp (basically normal man), make the spell caster 1 HD. This mirrors that one out of six kobolds is a warrior (1HD). If you want them scarcer then make them 2HD (level 2) which mimics the chieftain (1 in 12).

If you want to just stay with the book or close to it then pg 42 in the core gives you an XP chart for base XP and Special ability bonus. Just rule them as a spell caster of their race's HD as level and tag them as having spell ability for bonus XP.
Ninja Bear

Post by Ninja Bear »

I don’t if it makes a difference but I was thinking of humanoid monsters and what level M-U they could be.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Ninja Bear wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:48 am I don’t if it makes a difference but I was thinking of humanoid monsters and what level M-U they could be.
BFRPG does not do level limits for players, so IMO neither for the monsters in question... it should be whatever makes sense for your game and your campaign. Heck, I would insert a Kobold Arch-Mage Lich King Necro Lord Demi-god of the Underworld, if it made sense for my campaign. :lol:
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Ninja Bear

Post by Ninja Bear »

Funny you should mention that Smoot. Cause the backstory/faction aspect I have is the Kobold M-U is trying to gather anything related to dragons as to make his tribe more fierce.