CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by Boggo »

coureur_d_bois wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:21 am I think we should be careful though, especially with monsters. For example, my project for this contest includes owlbears which are IP. Not sure what the best way to hadle this is. Maybe wait for the BF4E to be published and see what the new monster names are... I wouldn't know.
Baboons!!

I'm not obsessed you are! :P
No matter where you go...there you are
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

coureur_d_bois wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 8:21 am For example, my project for this contest includes owlbears which are IP.
As good opportunity as any to introduce the dreaded owlseal! :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Write your entries using the 3rd edition rules, and we'll convert them the same as everything else. Don't sweat it.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Should the skeleton document be updated to reference the new license and remove the last page for now? Yes converting anything to align with the new Core Rules we can do when assembling the final document.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nah, let's let it go for now. We won't end up keeping anyone's front page when we combine them anyway.
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 1:10 pm Ah, in this case I think the hexes should be concrete types. I'll put something together and post it here soon.

In the cave lair, 7, 8, and 9 are below the rest of the areas; the sloping areas connect as a spiral going down from 6 to 7.
It looks like there are small arrows labeled "U" and "D" in areas 6 and 7. Assuming these indicate "up" and "down" wouldn't this mean that 7, 8 and 9 are above the main level? A similar "D" arrow is in the path from 4 to 5. Or should we disregard these?
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

Also how are people interpreting area 1 on the cave map? I initially thought it was a sinkhole with the cave entrance at the bottom, But t this could go either way -- I guess it could also be a ledge?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hah. You may be right.

Nobody will be scored badly for going either down or up.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

I have a small request. Would it be possible to have a bit more time to work on our project? I spent a bit more time than I thought I would on the SRD removal and I realized I would likely run out of time for my Mysterious Island submission. Another week or two would help me come up with something much better.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm going to extend it to the end of February. Updating first post now.