Frustration with Open Office Page Formatting

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
halfpricefriedrice

Frustration with Open Office Page Formatting

Post by halfpricefriedrice »

Hello,

I have been trying to finish a module for over a year, and the main issue is the formatting of open office page in the styles and formatting section. In the .odt materials which I can download, the page styles are all different, and they have page styles with no next style, but when I try to do this, my pages are all overwritten with the currently selected format. I am wondering how to format pages without OO wiping over all my formats and without having to use the next style dialog box.

Thank you
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Frustration with Open Office Page Formatting

Post by Solomoriah »

If you're talking about starting the next page in a different style, you insert a manual break from the menu and choose the new target style in that dialog.

And you should not use OpenOffice.org if you have a choice. We're all working in some 7.x version of LibreOffice right now, and they do format a little differently.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

For that matter, upload your problem document and I'll fix it and explain what went wrong and how to avoid it. Or Chi will if he gets there first.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Possible to remove the reference to OO on the main page (and just leave LO), or do we need to be diplomatic and show both?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Not actually sure what the best course is.
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

People who have investment with OO will know when you say LO, that OO will "work" but people coming in with no experience with either will have far few issues with Libre Office. So maybe making that the only recommendation is going to cause fewer issues?
No matter where you go...there you are
halfpricefriedrice

Hey there, thank you guys for the suggestions. I may take you up on your offer Solomoriah, if you have a fee for this maybe send me a PM. Also I was trying Libre office, which is a great tip.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Um... fee?

Are you planning to sell what you are creating, or are you going to submit it here?

Because if you submit it for publication as part of the Basic Fantasy Project you get editing, art, etc. all included as part of the deal.

But if you want to make money on it, then we won't be able to offer services as that's not what we do.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I think Half Price was asking if we charge for doing the editing and art. We do not charge a fee for formatting and editing to the Basic Fantasy Layout. Solo will ask for any art when it is time to look at actually making it a published product. No charge for that either.
halfpricefriedrice

Well this is a module, so I am not sure how it would all work, would it be free only, or as I see some modules listed under Amazon for sale, would that be part of working on it with DTRPG?