Location/Dungeon help

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Fourleif

Location/Dungeon help

Post by Fourleif »

Good day to you!

My party of chancers have been tasked with seeking out and retrieving a special healing potion that could potentially cure a horrible disease spreading through the secluded village of Liefway.

Can anyone suggest a dungeon/location module that is suitable for a party of 4 "Level1 Losers" with a total of 10 HP between them ? : ) The only BFRPG module I’ve played is The Bear Dungeon from AA2.

I’m playing this solo. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks!
sean8223

Re: Location/Dungeon help

Post by sean8223 »

It might be a little challenging for your party without some additional meat shields, but "The Zombraire's Estate" from AA1 could fit the theme. Maybe the Zombraire is the source of the disease and using it to source the raw materials for his upcoming production run of undead? :D
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Even though it is meant for Level 3 - 5 check out John Dutton's Fire Mountain in the unpublished Adventure Anthology 3. https://basicfantasy.org/downloads/AA3- ... ee-r11.pdf

It has a scenario similar to what you are wanting.
Fourleif

Post by Fourleif »

sean8223 wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:47 am It might be a little challenging for your party without some additional meat shields, but "The Zombraire's Estate" from AA1 could fit the theme. Maybe the Zombraire is the source of the disease and using it to source the raw materials for his upcoming production run of undead? :D
Thanks, I had a quick browse through it, might be a bit much for Level 1 though. I can envisage a TPK by the Zombie Cows :)
Fourleif

Post by Fourleif »

AlMan wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 1:50 pm Even though it is meant for Level 3 - 5 check out John Dutton's Fire Mountain in the unpublished Adventure Anthology 3. https://basicfantasy.org/downloads/AA3- ... ee-r11.pdf

It has a scenario similar to what you are wanting.
Thanks for the recommendation, I had a quick look at it. The setup is very similar yes, but shame it's Lvl3+. My guys wouldn't last a minute.
leon

Post by leon »

The Mountain Manor of Elab Jarr inside my Tosasth megamodule is suitable for 1st level dudes. One of the hooks is when the innkeeper will pay for the lost recipe for Jarr's Ale. She might exaggerate about the healing properties of the ale, or she might suggest old Jarr brewed up other concoctions of a healing nature.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

leon wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:07 pm The Mountain Manor of Elab Jarr inside my Tosasth megamodule is suitable for 1st level dudes. One of the hooks is when the innkeeper will pay for the lost recipe for Jarr's Ale. She might exaggerate about the healing properties of the ale, or she might suggest old Jarr brewed up other concoctions of a healing nature.
this is why you should NEVER trust an Innkeeper
No matter where you go...there you are
Fourleif

Post by Fourleif »

leon wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:07 pm The Mountain Manor of Elab Jarr inside my Tosasth megamodule is suitable for 1st level dudes. One of the hooks is when the innkeeper will pay for the lost recipe for Jarr's Ale. She might exaggerate about the healing properties of the ale, or she might suggest old Jarr brewed up other concoctions of a healing nature.
This is amazing and perfect! Thanks so much, cannot wait to run my bunch of losers through this (at least the first few rooms anyway before they're slaughtered).
Mars

Post by Mars »

Fourleif wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 8:05 am
This is amazing and perfect! Thanks so much, cannot wait to run my bunch of losers through this (at least the first few rooms anyway before they're slaughtered).
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Check out my online dice store: https://thediceking.com.