Saving Throw Charts

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Barantor

Saving Throw Charts

Post by Barantor »

Not sure if this is the right place, if not feel free to move it of course!

One thing I always wondered is why the Saving Throw Charts (on pg 61 of the new 4th edition) aren't with the classes towards the front of the book? It would make sense to me for quick creation to put them all in the same area yeah?

Essentials has the first level saves which is nice, but I always thought it'd be nice to have that chart up front for those that have the physical book.

Thanks for all the hard work, it's a great game and the move to creative commons is awesome.
Dimirag

Re: Saving Throw Charts

Post by Dimirag »

BFRPG emulates the flow of a specific old game which puts the content in a way that is easier for the GM to use mid-gaming instead of putting it where its useful to the players just one in a while due to being a GM-oriented book.

Not too long ago this was suggested and answered:
And I'm sure this has been suggested before but personally I would put the saving throw tables for each class in the class descriptions.
Solomoriah wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 10:13 am The organization of the rulebook is not changing. It was designed for use by the Game Master in play, with things placed where the GM would need them. Character generation usually happens during downtime, and the extra time for the player to flip to the tables doesn't slow anyone else down. But if the GM has to flip around to find things it slows down the whole group.

Also, it mimics the organization that was standard in the edition BFRPG is spiritually based on.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Saving Throw Charts

Post by Solomoriah »

Thanks Dimi! I appreciate you taking care of business!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org