Artists ~ Make a BFRPG 1 page Advertisment

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Artists ~ Make a BFRPG 1 page Advertisment

Post by SmootRK »

I am planning to head around the city and drop off copies of BFRPG in the Teen Sections of the Public Libraries... free to pick a copy sort of thing.
To save printing costs, I plan to print as landscape format with 2 pages printed on each sheet (but printing on one side only so that it remains relatively easy to read with staple in corner). So, I would like to have an additional cover sheet. On this cover sheet, I would like full page art (landscape orientation) with layout so that some features can be pointed to, or stuff like:

Download the PDF and source files at http://www.basicfantasy.org
Full Size Prints available at Lulu (at cost... we make nothing!)
Get a game started with your friends within minutes of reading.

Always Free for download... share with all your friends!

Download your own PDF copy and pass this along to a friend.

etc. and I am very open to ideas that work along those lines.

Any Artists want to take up such a contribution to the game?
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
shadowmane

Re: Artists ~ Make a BFRPG 1 page Advertisment

Post by shadowmane »

Wow, that would be an awesome tool for everyone here. We could do this in libraries in our own cities.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

shadowmane wrote:Wow, that would be an awesome tool for everyone here. We could do this in libraries in our own cities.
That is the idea, but I figured I would get the ball rolling myself.

Bear in mind, I don't recommend flooding your local libraries and such with flyers and pamphlets that will get thrown out. Work with them if at all possible. I just reserve the right to 'accidentally' leave my printout in an area where I think it will be picked up by interested youths.

Even if the library will not condone it directly, I can occasionally and 'accidentally' leave one laying around. Having 3 children who need cheap entertainment/activity (basically something productive to burn off a little of their idle time), so I am at one of our local libraries a couple of times each week. I figure if I occasionally leave a copy of the rules, and perhaps the advertisement alone when printing whole rules is not feasible... then I can get the word out in my own small way.

If I do this a little each week, rotating through the several community libraries, then over a period of time I can build a community of players locally.... much like the initial beginnings of the game that started it all. I figure that anyone who picks it up earnestly will at the very least pass it along to another they think might like it. If we do this grassroots sort of passing it along, over a period we will build up a greater audience.

Who knows, perhaps I am being naive in this digital age, but I think it may work. All we really need to do is drive a few people to the site to expand the ranks and continue the spreading of the word. If each BFRPG fan would reach a couple of new fans every couple of months, the growth will still be staggering over a year or more.
Steveman

Post by Steveman »

right as I fill my queue of paycheck art.

I'll see waht I can whip up in the next week. No promises, tho
Characters:
Himamura Jin (Night Wizard; Level 6 Great One/Level 1 Caster)
Benjamin d'Aide (BFRPG; level 5 cleric of the virtue of Sacrifice) - recurring hireling turned pseudo-DMPC
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Steveman wrote:right as I fill my queue of paycheck art.

I'll see waht I can whip up in the next week. No promises, tho
Cool... no pressure. I understand the paycheck necessities.
swirler

Post by swirler »

Cool. Sounds fun. What is your planned time frame on this?
--James
"Cthulhu called, he wants his insanity back."

"Vulnerable and hot trumps paranoid most of the time."
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

swirler wrote:Cool. Sounds fun. What is your planned time frame on this?
No time frame. This sort of stuff happens when it happens. I dont put constraints upon myself for hobbies, nor expect them from others.
xav++

Post by xav++ »

We could hook this up with my magazine pamphlet idea!
Droyson Fillif Level 3 cleric
Sudsy

Post by Sudsy »

I'll see if I can't whip up something interesting...

...I just relocated to Nebraska and am settling in.

However, I'm extra motivated to do something interesting as I see SmootRK is from my hometown of Colorado Springs...

...so, even if you do happen to pick another cover sheet, I'd like to do one for you to specifically leave at the Security Public Library as that was the library I grew up getting books from and coincidentally also found my first REAL RPG core rule book back in the mid to late 1990's; Marc Miller's Traveller Book (the 1980 edition I believe as it contained the core rules from the three little black books).

Time to start sketching ideas for this!
Michael "Sudsy" Sutherland

Need some art? Check out these selected galleries for your gaming needs:
Photobucket OGL OSR images: http://photobucket.com/SudsysOGL
Sudsy's DA Gallery: http://sudsysutherland.deviantart.com/gallery/2194414
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Sudsy wrote:I'll see if I can't whip up something interesting...

...I just relocated to Nebraska and am settling in.

However, I'm extra motivated to do something interesting as I see SmootRK is from my hometown of Colorado Springs...

...so, even if you do happen to pick another cover sheet, I'd like to do one for you to specifically leave at the Security Public Library as that was the library I grew up getting books from and coincidentally also found my first REAL RPG core rule book back in the mid to late 1990's; Marc Miller's Traveller Book (the 1980 edition I believe as it contained the core rules from the three little black books).

Time to start sketching ideas for this!
Cool. I am in the norther part of the Springs, almost Falcon, but I plan to do a general circle around the various sites here. At least 10 public libraries in the surrounding communities, so plenty of opportunity to share these around.