CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Fabio_MP

Re: CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

Post by Fabio_MP »

SmootRK wrote:Hey Everyone. Can we all commit to one such purchase each? $5.00 is essentially a Cafe Mocha at Starbucks or one can look at it as less than the cost of one lunch trip. At $5, one can easily get each member of a local gaming group a copy each as a gift for birthdays or around Christmas time.

Also, it would be great if everyone around here could sit down for a few minutes and come up with some interesting "review" material to post up at Amazon.com.
absolutely yes :)

at least one (or two in English).... I am already anticipating a few copies buy when the Italian one will get there... it's a steal and to have it on amazon means adding it to book orders :) whenever you feel like it :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

An interesting wrinkle: Under the CreateSpace model, it appears to be impossible for me to make no profit. Sales through Amazon.com make none, but I make a something less than a dollar each on sales through Amazon UK, Amazon Europe, and CreateSpace.com (I haven't figured the exchange rate for the foreign sales, and it won't matter anyway since the rate will change).

I have something like $50 - $60 in expenses in the project for the last seven years; if I ever actually get a royalty check, I'll apply it there first. Any extra profit after that will be used for promotion, probably for convention giveaways (for which I'll need help from the community in distributing).

But the chickens aren't hatched yet, so we won't count them. I just wanted to explain the situation.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solomoriah wrote:An interesting wrinkle: Under the CreateSpace model, it appears to be impossible for me to make no profit. Sales through Amazon.com make none, but I make a something less than a dollar each on sales through Amazon UK, Amazon Europe, and CreateSpace.com (I haven't figured the exchange rate for the foreign sales, and it won't matter anyway since the rate will change).

I have something like $50 - $60 in expenses in the project for the last seven years; if I ever actually get a royalty check, I'll apply it there first. Any extra profit after that will be used for promotion, probably for convention giveaways (for which I'll need help from the community in distributing).

But the chickens aren't hatched yet, so we won't count them. I just wanted to explain the situation.
I think that so long as a No-Profit venture, putting such minor profits towards such expenses, I don't think it breaks any such "bfrpg mission".
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Fabio_MP

Post by Fabio_MP »

aaaand

it's live

in Germany (amazon.de):
http://www.amazon.de/Basic-Fantasy-Role ... 175&sr=8-1
4.50 Euro :)

it seems to be almost in France; but while it's less expensive, just 4.28, it says is not in stock.
Last edited by Fabio_MP on Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I like the idea of buying a bunch as presents and giveaways, but I am waiting till 3rd edition is ready.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Solo has said that nothing in BFRPG3 should invalidate previous, but I understand about hesitation so as to get the newer one, so long as one is spending money.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I dig the part about not invalidating earlier editions, but I already own a few of the earlier editions. Don't need any more of those. At the rate #rd is progressing I don't think I need to wait much longer. Unless Chris allows the debate on what new material should be included to go on until we all agree on something. Then I may never see 3rd lol
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You all debate, but ultimately I decide. It's how it has to work, I'm afraid.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow, reading that again, it comes out kind of harsh.

When I created BFRPG, I had a very specific vision, and I followed it. I had a lot of help, but ultimately I had to decide what went in and what stayed out. Having a plan and sticking to it apparently worked, as it's become way more popular than I ever expected. Therefore, I intend to hold to that vision even as I add to the game.

What we're really waiting on is the wave of art to ebb. As long as Shonuff's crack team of artists are cranking out pics to fill in the Monsters section, I'm more than happy to hold off publication. It's not as if we actually need a 3rd Edition, after all.

Also, regarding all those "in" or "out" discussions... the #1 AAA Prime way to improve the chances of your idea being "in" is to write it. If you say "we should explain this," but you never actually provide an explanation of "this," it simply will not get done... 2E already contains everything I felt needed to be "in" strongly enough to write myself. If Nick Bogan hadn't written the Stronghold rules, likely we wouldn't have Stronghold rules even now.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just placed a proof order for all four of our in-print adventure modules. I'll update this thread when they are approved.