CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

Post by Solomoriah »

As of tonight, the Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 2E book is available from CreateSpace.com, an Amazon company. The rules are only available in perfect bound, but are cheaper than the current Lulu.com perfect bound editions.

Looking over the proof, I can say that the interior print quality isn't as nice. It's a bit faded looking, compared with the Lulu.com edition. However, publishing through CreateSpace.com is supposed to get us back on Amazon.com and Amazon Europe within 5-7 days... so watch this space for the announcement when someone finds it there.

I plan to release our other four print publications there soon, so if you're planning an order, you might want to wait. I have to redo the covers for CreateSpace (they require a wraparound cover, where Lulu.com will take a front and back and make up the spine for me) so it will be a day or two until I get time, and their proof cycle takes about a week on top of that.

If, after all that, you want to place an order right now, go here:
https://www.createspace.com/4158770
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Re: CreateSpace and Amazon Distribution

Post by SmootRK »

Very Cool Indeed. $4.62 is an outstanding price.

I like the coil-bound edition I have... do they have such options?

I think both Amazon and Lulu links should be provided (unless you have other plans going on too).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

If I were buying a meatspace copy, I'd prefer coil-bound too. Seems like it'd be easier to have it laying open to look something up without damaging the spine.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

LibraryLass wrote:If I were buying a meatspace copy, I'd prefer coil-bound too. Seems like it'd be easier to have it laying open to look something up without damaging the spine.
Indeed, how it lays flat is why it is my favorite (and I have all three sorts around here).
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I use my coil bound all the time. Its tearing along the coils.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The early Lulu.com coilbounds were not as good as the later ones, apparently.

And no, CreateSpace ONLY does perfect bound. No coily, no hardbound.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Fabio_MP

Post by Fabio_MP »

Solomoriah wrote:As of tonight, the Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 2E book is available from CreateSpace.com, an Amazon company. The rules are only available in perfect bound, but are cheaper than the current Lulu.com perfect bound editions.

Looking over the proof, I can say that the interior print quality isn't as nice. It's a bit faded looking, compared with the Lulu.com edition. However, publishing through CreateSpace.com is supposed to get us back on Amazon.com and Amazon Europe within 5-7 days... so watch this space for the announcement when someone finds it there.
oh yeah :) can't wait to have it on amazon.com or the various european ones (.de, .it, .fr, .co.uk) it means to have the book in europe everywhere :)

very very convenient, the great point over lulu is the posting price, usually amazon is dirty cheap compared to lulu :)

NOTE: you are already on amazon.com :)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

We have amazon prime so that should mean we get free shipping. Nice.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Hey Everyone. Can we all commit to one such purchase each? $5.00 is essentially a Cafe Mocha at Starbucks or one can look at it as less than the cost of one lunch trip. At $5, one can easily get each member of a local gaming group a copy each as a gift for birthdays or around Christmas time.

Also, it would be great if everyone around here could sit down for a few minutes and come up with some interesting "review" material to post up at Amazon.com.