Roll With It - Flex GM PbP

This forum is for the rotating GM campaign started by Joe the Rat.

Moderator: Joe the Rat

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Roll With It - Flex GM PbP

Post by Solomoriah »

I just need stats for a fighter. Since we're generating from scratch, I don't even really care what they are, so long as he's not hopeless. No penalty STR, DEX, or CON, and I'm happy.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

you're initiative rolling is for the birds :)
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Hey, I got a d12, and I'm-a gonna use it!
Seriously, we'll be using standard d6. I just wanted to break out the dodec.

We can go from here, but I'm comfortable with one more (cough cough).

Solo, if you want to set up a board for it, I'll start a character creation thread.

Oh yeah, one more thing I'm going to add to the backstory - magical fallout. Zones of chaotic magic that are responsible for spawning some of the weird monsters running about, the oddly placed bits of landscape, inexplicably enchanted pools, and the occasional minor ripple in reality (i.e. rules changes). Not so much that this is a total chaos world, but enough for a few oddities. It also gives you an excuse to bring characters here from all over - or why your "wilderness patrol" Fighter suddenly wakes up a Ranger. I'll fill that bit in more when I get the muse running.
Go with a smile!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

We're in business. If anyone on Joe's list has trouble accessing this forum, PM me.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Quick point of business: How does everyone feel about doing a little more live playtesting? Smoot has expressed interest in playing, and would like to try out one of his classes (Single class, spell-free Bard) for fit and balance.

Yeah, I know I'm running the show right now, but this is kind of a general point of interest - it would be good to get feedback from others playing alongside the test case.
Go with a smile!
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

fine with me
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Go for it. I'd love to see it in action.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Forgive my self-serving, but one of my objectives is to play-test one or more of the optional offerings. Since this is one of the more "open to supplements" games, it seemed like the place to inquire about it. Bear in mind, (and assuming Joe allows me to participate), that I am very flexible to on-the-fly adjustments to maintain balance and game fun. My initial thought is to try the Bard out, where someone other than myself is in the position to judge how powers and abilities are handled.

So, what is the current mix of character classes so far?
I would propose 5 player each trying to take on 1 of each of the main 4 archetypes. With my participation, the Bard would be the 5th core class (speaking as a core-class in the sense of not sub-class or derivation of one of the classes in the rule book).

But, if the current mix of characters has a major void... then I can try something else. For instance, if there is no cleric in the mix, I could fill in there, perhaps as a Druid instead. If there is no MU type, then perhaps I can test either Fey Mage, Illusionist, Necromancer, or whatever seems to be the best fit for the group (and with Joe's and the group's consent). I am very flexible to fill in usefully to really any sort of character type.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Joe the Rat

Post by Joe the Rat »

Lessee, we have an MU, a FIghter, a fighter or thief, and a thief /maybe cleric. I'm waiting to hear back from xav++, but I can do 6 as well as 5. Hop on in! Smoot, go ahead and post your selection on the character creation thread.

I'm also going to petition that we change the spelling to "charachter". I type that every. single. time.
Go with a smile!
jcm

Post by jcm »

Playtesting is fine with me.