Gabeprime’s doodles

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
gabeprime

Re: Gabeprime’s doodles

Post by gabeprime »

FantasyCargoPantz wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 11:51 pm I really like both of these additions, but especially the first. I like it because of the movement we get the feel for with the movement in his legs and the billow of his cape. Yup, as said, not a guy I would like to meet in or see coming out of an alley.
Thanks FCP!
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

I've started drawing more again. Finally getting back into it.

I followed that up with a drawing of The Goblin King. I wanted one who commands fear and respect, someone who was able to pull together the independent tribes against the expanding eleven and human kingdoms.
D0BFAD80-A5BA-4B04-8697-CF255E2CE9DF.jpeg
D0BFAD80-A5BA-4B04-8697-CF255E2CE9DF.jpeg (1.48 MiB) Viewed 1565 times
The goblin king piece is good to use for the BFRPG project if there's a place for it but not the death knight piece as I didn't come up with its likeness. Please let me know if someone wants to use the goblin king for a BFRPG book. Thanks.
Last edited by gabeprime on Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
teaman

Post by teaman »

gabeprime wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 7:43 pm I've started drawing more again. Finally getting back into it.

Here is something I drew for a Draw This In Your Style challenge on Instagram. I just refer to it as the death knight.
7626069F-B4D4-4203-A1BE-32F3C9F0E9F3.jpeg

I followed that up with a drawing of The Goblin King. I wanted one who commands fear and respect, someone who was able to pull together the independent tribes against the expanding eleven and human kingdoms.
D0BFAD80-A5BA-4B04-8697-CF255E2CE9DF.jpeg

The goblin king piece is good to use for the BFRPG project if there's a place for it but not the death knight pieces as I didn't come up with its likeness. Please let me know if someone wants to use the goblin king for a BFRPG book. Thanks.
Great stuff. Love the shading on the goblin king in particular. Hope he finds a home really soon as it deserves it. Both pieces are great.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
daryen

Post by daryen »

The death knight's shield sure is, uh, interesting!
Seven

Post by Seven »

Maybe a Gibbering Knight or a Death Knight with a Gibbering Shield?

I'm less clear on the concept of the helm. Are those hands fixed?
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

I actually don’t know if the hands on the helm are fixed but I imagine the eyes and mouths on the shield are actually moving.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
daryen

Post by daryen »

I assumed the mouths and eyes were active. I means the two tongues we can see are actively drooling. I figure the shield has constant movement.

Also, that helmet seems pretty impractical. I figure the death knight is using the shield to see and talk. It would be pretty unnerving to have the shield's many mouths talking for the knight!
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Very sketchy drawing of an NPC magic-user Zelerith from my BFRPG campaign. She’s currently known to be dead and her student (one of my PCs) had inherited her tower and titles.

Anyway, I felt like my hand and fingers couldn’t draw anything good the past couple of days so I reverted to just doing sketches on my iPad and just trying out different brushes and so on.

This one started out ok so I decided to flesh it out a bit more. Not sure if I’m going to ink it and/or color it.
B69A18D8-ED8E-434D-B8FB-6B4255EE1D4B.jpeg
B69A18D8-ED8E-434D-B8FB-6B4255EE1D4B.jpeg (415.13 KiB) Viewed 1437 times
Last edited by gabeprime on Fri Jul 29, 2022 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
teaman

Post by teaman »

gabeprime wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 10:11 am Very sketchy drawing of an NPC magic-user Zelerith from my BFRPG campaign. She’s currently known to be dead and her student (one of my PCs) had inherited her tower and titles.

Anyway, I felt like my hand and fingers couldn’t draw anything good the past couple of days so I reverted to just doing sketches on my iPad and just trying out different brushes and so on.

This one started out ok so I decided to flesh it out a bit more. Not sure if I’m going to ink it and/or color it.

007E39E9-D8C8-4E52-ADDF-E0ACC9E0B927.jpeg
If you'd like to collaborate, I'd be honored to ink it for you and post it here for BFRPG use.

I think it's great!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

teaman wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:44 pm
If you'd like to collaborate, I'd be honored to ink it for you and post it here for BFRPG use.

I think it's great!
Thanks teaman! As for inking, I’ve already started doing it after sleeping on it. I’m laying down colours are the same time. But for BFRPG, I’ll remove the coloring if there’s interest using it for one of the modules.

Here’s what I have started…
53AC2B5A-8558-440C-A524-701852981B91.jpeg
53AC2B5A-8558-440C-A524-701852981B91.jpeg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 1424 times
Hi! I’m Gabe.