Burger Babylon Drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
burgerbabylon

Re: Burger Babylon Drawings

Post by burgerbabylon »

Seven wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 6:53 pm
daryen wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 1:30 pm That's wild. I just love the absolute acceptance that all of these "monstrous humans" existed. And the fact that there were just way too many to try and list them all.
Even modern explorers embellished their record with fantastic creatures.
For example, Marco Polo wrote about men with the features of dogs.
Absolutely. Even the first illustrations of native Americans were embellished giving them blood red skin. I've read a theory that what these explorers were doing was building up their discoveries as something more exciting than what it may have truly been. Allot of investment goes into something like that so they might be motivated to embellish things or more impressed by them than we might be today. One interesting theory I've seen is that cynocephali are actually Africans with lip discs. That extended mouth may look like a dog's maw to a medieval European. It's fascinating stuff.
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

world map v3.png
world map v3.png (6.73 MiB) Viewed 5385 times
characters1.png
characters1.png (3.03 MiB) Viewed 5385 times
daryen

Post by daryen »

Absolutely love that map. I'd love to know more about that world!

And those characters are all pretty creepy. They do NOT give off, "I am glad to see you" vibes at all!

On a completely different subject, I had been thinking about those face-in-the-chest guys: where are the mammaries on the gals? Just trying to figure that one out.
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

daryen wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:25 pm Absolutely love that map. I'd love to know more about that world!

And those characters are all pretty creepy. They do NOT give off, "I am glad to see you" vibes at all!

On a completely different subject, I had been thinking about those face-in-the-chest guys: where are the mammaries on the gals? Just trying to figure that one out.
Thank you!

I'm working on a history of the whole thing but it's taking some time. I think I'm gonna try and make it a book that looks like a sort of stylized illuminated manuscript but the first hurdle is my bad writing. heh

The headless women avoid the problem entirely by having their eyes in their shoulders. Those will be interesting to draw.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Wonderful character creations and designs. Are they traditional or digital? (or both?)
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

teaman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:57 am Wonderful character creations and designs. Are they traditional or digital? (or both?)
Thanks man. Digital using Krita still.
teaman

Post by teaman »

burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:57 pm
teaman wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 5:57 am Wonderful character creations and designs. Are they traditional or digital? (or both?)
Thanks for the shop talk!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
burgerbabylon

Post by burgerbabylon »

teaman wrote: Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:50 am
burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:57 pm
Thanks for the shop talk!
anytime my friend. If you ever get into digital more definitely go with the largest tablet you can get your hands on with pressure sensitivity. I've upgraded thanks to a spill on my old one and it's been a big help.
daryen

Post by daryen »

burgerbabylon wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:01 amThe headless women avoid the problem entirely by having their eyes in their shoulders. Those will be interesting to draw.
I look forward to seeing the results of those attempts!
Francisco-art

Post by Francisco-art »

Beautiful work! Keep it up! :D