Borgar's Maps

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
borgar

Re: Borgar's Maps

Post by borgar »

I'm now done with Nameless Dungeon as well. Please let me know if you find any errors or areas that should be improved.

I did change the doors in rooms #59 and #61 to secret doors to match the text (as found by MrDave). I can easily change this back to regular doors if required.

The XCF files are in the project folder.
nameless_dungeon_level_1.png
nameless_dungeon_level_1.png (1.32 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
nameless_dungeon_level_2.png
nameless_dungeon_level_2.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
nameless_dungeon_level_3.png
nameless_dungeon_level_3.png (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2611 times
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Looks really nice! Good "1"s (ones), they differentiate the number from the room dimension lines. :)
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
borgar

Post by borgar »

rredmond wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:12 am Looks really nice! Good "1"s (ones), they differentiate the number from the room dimension lines. :)
Thanks. I do find the room numbering to be tricky and have been experimenting a bit. I try to get the numbers into a single square since there are quite a few places where bigger numbers would have to cross room borders (or even be placed in the wall or something like that). This does make them a bit small though and this may make them problematic in print.

Fortunately they are all added in a separate "stage" so even if I have to replace them all, this is mostly tedious work and only trying to find good placements are really challenging. Actually almost everything is separate layers now, i.e the main outline, the grid lines and the crosshatching is on separate layers. And every symbol/number is a separate layer. Even if everything actually starts out as ink drawings. That makes it possible to fix/tune things easily in "post-production".