Borgar's Maps

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
borgar

Re: Borgar's Maps

Post by borgar »

I saw comments about the ink heavy maps in the Endless Tunnels of Enlandin and was wondering if I should attempt to make new versions of these maps. To be honest I prefer smaller maps than this given the time it takes to "decorate".

I still did the hard part of one level just to check it out and will do the rest of there is interest (though it will probably take a bit of time).

BTW, the main challenge isn't actually the amount of work with the cross hatching, but keeping it somewhat consistent. It's so easy to get very variable strokes in the various parts of the map (especially when you split the work over more than one session).
Attachments
level_1.png
level_1.png (501.24 KiB) Viewed 6093 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Borgar, I love it, and it's definitely easier on the toner. However, I've already agreed to use Andreas Claren's maps; I may fade them a bit (which is within our agreement) but they are staying in the module.

HOWEVER, since this primarily affects downloaders, if you do want to go ahead and do full maps for Enlandin, I'll put them together in a separate PDF on the Downloads page for those who want to print "lighter" versions of the maps. It's up to you, of course, but if you make them I'll put them out there.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
borgar

Post by borgar »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:17 am HOWEVER, since this primarily affects downloaders, if you do want to go ahead and do full maps for Enlandin, I'll put them together in a separate PDF on the Downloads page for those who want to print "lighter" versions of the maps. It's up to you, of course, but if you make them I'll put them out there.
Good enough for me. I'll continue on the alternative maps.
borgar

Post by borgar »

This was more work than any previous maps I've done.

I'm done with most of the work now though a few things may need tweaking. I'm not sure how to put in the the elevation arrows yet so those are missing. There are a few details that I'm not completely satisfied with so I may tinker a bit more with these.

And if anyone have suggestions for improvements feel free to tell me.
level_1.png
level_1.png (515.74 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
level_2.png
level_2.png (485.45 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
level_3.png
level_3.png (428.97 KiB) Viewed 6026 times
borgar

Post by borgar »

I've uploaded the XCF files to

Projects\Maps\Enlandin

I've made "everything" layered so these can be "tuned" with minimal effort. I've done some cleanup and added river flow and elevation arrows.

Note that in an attempt to avoid labeling elevation arrows I made them all point up slope. Though I just noticed that the river flow point "down" flow which isn't consistent.

I could just flip all elevation arrows so they point down slope. Anyone have any suggestions?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Slope arrows work like stairs... narrow end is down.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
borgar

Post by borgar »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:28 pm Slope arrows work like stairs... narrow end is down.
Thanks. I've fixed this now in the project folder.
borgar

Post by borgar »

After the large maps from The Lost Pyramid and Endless Tunnels of Enlandin I want to do something else (and smaller). And after just redrawing existing maps I think i should make a few original ones.

I'll start with a few small dungeon maps suitable for a few really short adventures or as just a single locations in longer adventure.

A carefully hidden prison? The secret training area of a warrior cult?
small_dungeon_1.png
small_dungeon_1.png (514.62 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
borgar

Post by borgar »

Here is a second small dungeon.
small_dungeon_2.png
small_dungeon_2.png (747.43 KiB) Viewed 5788 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »