slothy drawings

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
teaman

Re: slothy drawings

Post by teaman »

slothy wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:46 pm I took a walk today and came by a tattoo parlour, where I saw two engraved skulls in the display. I remembered that celts used to do that with some of their deceased ones and I thought that would be a great idea for the Undead Chieftain in Morgansfort. Only then I was sure it was an Undead Skeleton. Undeads are Zombies and have more flesh on them than Skeletons, right? Anyway, this is what I am working on atm.
This one should get put in a supplement TODAY!!!!!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Wow. That's already looking great!
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Could be more runic than skull tattoos; maybe there's no difference.
But I really like it, those runes should add powers!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

First of all, beautiful work! But regarding your question:
slothy wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:46 pmUndeads are Zombies and have more flesh on them than Skeletons, right?
Nope. Undead just means "dead things that are walking around and doing things in spite of being dead, because magic." So both skeletons and zombies are undead, as are wights and wraiths and ghouls and so on.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Incidentally, while the drawing doesn't work for the zombraire in BF1 Morgansfort, it DOES work for the skeletaire in CS1 Castle by the Sea. We just put out a new print release, but it could still go in the book for the next pass, if you'd like.
slothy

Post by slothy »

Thank you! This sounds great, Solomoriah. As I understand, every drawing I post here can be used freely by anyone. Maybe I'll find something else for Morgansfort as well.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Art you share here is generally assumed to be licensed to me, for use in materials published as part of the Basic Fantasy Project in print and on the Downloads page. If you want other members to have use of the art in their own projects, you do have to say that. As of right now I think only Teaman has made that statement.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 5:35 pm Art you share here is generally assumed to be licensed to me, for use in materials published as part of the Basic Fantasy Project in print and on the Downloads page. If you want other members to have use of the art in their own projects, you do have to say that. As of right now I think only Teaman has made that statement.
I don't know about other artists, but I'll restate here too that anyone is free to use any of my art for any BFRPG projects.

Just let me know because I love to see my babies get a home. Thanks Solo.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
slothy

Post by slothy »

Alright. So everyone is allowed to use my art for their own projects. I'll mark any artwork that I only allow Solomoriah to use.
Seven

Post by Seven »

slothy wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 1:46 pm I took a walk today and came by a tattoo parlour, where I saw two engraved skulls in the display.
Real engraved human skulls?

I had an experience like this 30 years ago with the display of an antique store. There was an old chair, Louis XIV or something like that, with the full skeleton of a goat sitting in it facing an intricate mirror.