Art Blog or otherwise recording one's work

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
SmootRK

Art Blog or otherwise recording one's work

Post by SmootRK »

So, I am artistically challenged... but my daughter seems to be a bit more of a prodigy with painting. So my question is going to you artsy folk. What do you all recommend as the best platform for my daughter to record the work she is doing? I told her she needs to share her efforts, along with details about when her various art was done, or what is going on with her life when she is doing certain works.

I just don't know what to direct her to, or what sort of details she ought to share...etc.
Suggestions?

Forgive my photography work, as I don't feel it captures the colors/work well.
20200511_065206.jpg
20200511_065206.jpg (3.53 MiB) Viewed 6203 times
20200427_190525.jpg
20200427_190525.jpg (3.71 MiB) Viewed 6203 times
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
burgerbabylon

Re: Art Blog or otherwise recording one's work

Post by burgerbabylon »

I really like those paintings. She's talented.

Instagram seems pretty good. There's some formatting issues to post to instagram which are kinda a pain. If she wants to do that look up instagram formatting, it's gotta be jpg within certain specifications to show properly. It took me a few tries to do it. However since it's a more visual form of social media it's a good fit for artists. I got a few followers there.

Mostly though I consider myself a hobbyist so I haven't branched out much or tried very hard.I get more interest here. Hopefully there will be more suggestions.
teaman

Post by teaman »

I don't know her age, but recording or livestreaming on youtube might also be an option. Again, age appropriate of course.

I use Instagram as well.

And please commend her for her work, she's on her way! I'm guessing she's working in oils in a Bob Ross style? I paint in oils and watercolor and would be happy to offer any technical advice here on the forum.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Yes wet-on-wet oil style is what she is doing lately. She watches Bob Ross often for some techniques.

I will tell her to post with instagram, which I believe she already has.

BTW, she is 12 and has only been doing this for last year. If you see the stuff in our home, you can see a crazy fast progressing from child-level-work with acrylics to amazing (at least to me).... and all just self-taught. I can only imagine what she can do with a little instruction/guidance.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Another great artist to watch for landscapes is Jerry Yarnell. He's often on CreateTV, if you get that.

Thanks for sharing her work.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Agreed, those paintings are great! Yeah Instagram is likely the easiest and most popular these days, esp. for sharing artwork/photos/etc. I'm sure there's either tools and/or plugins for posting both regular/real-time videos as well as time-lapse/sped-up vidoes, which are very cool to see for painting/drawing. Any longer videos I'd reccomend Youtube, but you'll def. want to help her with using the Studio and controlling comments, etc.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

SmootRK wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm She watches Bob Ross often for some techniques.
Funny, as soon as I saw them I thought "Bob Ross" but I'm no artist for sure.
Those are very good though Smoot, really nice.
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

SmootRK wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 4:44 pm Yes wet-on-wet oil style is what she is doing lately. She watches Bob Ross often for some techniques.

I will tell her to post with instagram, which I believe she already has.

BTW, she is 12 and has only been doing this for last year. If you see the stuff in our home, you can see a crazy fast progressing from child-level-work with acrylics to amazing (at least to me).... and all just self-taught. I can only imagine what she can do with a little instruction/guidance.
Ahh she is studying with the master!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I was going to suggest DeviantArt.. I know the name is odd but its where most of the artists seem to post their work. She would probably have the best luck scanning these but not sure of her canvas size.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

New art piece she slapped together today.
I feel like she is rough on parts but still amazes me what is accomplished. She took the picture, so apologies for the crooked orientation
20200609_192902.jpg
20200609_192902.jpg (1.84 MiB) Viewed 6041 times