Ebonbenter Tor

This forum is for requesting, submitting, and discussing artwork for the project.
gabeprime

Re: Ebonbenter Tor

Post by gabeprime »

Interesting point about the greyscale work. I’ll try to put in more contrast in future ones to make things easier. :)
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't worry about it, Gabe. You would never do to your pictures what I have to do to make them print right. Just keep making good stuff and I'll keep putting it out there.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
johndice

Post by johndice »

gabeprime wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:16 am Here is my version of the uncanny sorcerer and his pet giant Draco lizard.

68E4B868-480C-4195-9ECE-443CB045BBB4.png
Wow, having faced these two in playtesting I have to say you nailed it!
FantasyCargoPantz

Post by FantasyCargoPantz »

Solomoriah wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:27 am I'll be brutally honest here... I have to retouch almost all the art I receive, in order to get good prints. Some artists work in grays, and I really need the darkest part black. In other cases, like the Uncanny Sorcerer above, the gray background will have to be brightened to page-white or it will print "muddy." A good color print wouldn't need this, but black and white prints do and for reasons I prefer to work with black and white interiors.

This is not to say that I want my artists to do anything differently. Retouching takes moments, and I have to do it anyway to get the scale and resolution matched to the page. I don't expect anyone else to know how to do that, so it's not like it's a big deal or anything.
The art guidelines does mention using black and white. I recently got the 3rd edition of the manual to check out how past works have printed. So I think I understand. I will keep this in mind going forward with the sorceress. (Hopefully will be done in abt a month, life is an important thing :/ ) Glad this is all volunteer. *thumbsup*
Best of journey's, fellow adventurer.

If you would like to check out some artwork :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/inkandcargopantz/?hl=en
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just remember, while I say "black and white" that just refers to the ink (or pencil, or whatever) that you use. Submit images in grayscale or even in "color" as long as the original is drawn in monochrome and I'll work it out.

To a computer, "black and white" means every dot on the page is either BLACK or WHITE. If you scan an image and save it that way the edges look all rough and jagged, and scaling the image to size is harder.

So if you draw with physical media, just use the black pen or pencil, but scan in color at 300dpi or higher.

Or, If you draw with digital media, set your canvas in grayscale or color and just use black and white as your pen or brush color.
FantasyCargoPantz

Post by FantasyCargoPantz »

It is FINALLY done.
What looks gray is more of thinner lines, if adjustment is needed it shouldn't hurt the image. *thumbs up*
Attachments
The Serpentine Sorceress
The Serpentine Sorceress
AA4-SerpentineSorceress.jpg (216.17 KiB) Viewed 986 times
Best of journey's, fellow adventurer.

If you would like to check out some artwork :arrow: https://www.instagram.com/inkandcargopantz/?hl=en
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow, that is NICE! Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

coureur_d_bois, FantasyCargoPantz, I need to know how you are to be credited. PM me if you prefer not to post your name in public. If I'm not given any other credit I'll use your forum handle.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ebonbenter Tor now lives in the Tower of Amarathea book.

viewtopic.php?p=95459#p95459