Chapter 2:Taking the Offensive

Blazeguard's forum for his play-by-post game.

Moderator: Blazeguard

Woe

Re: Chapter 2:Taking the Offensive

Post by Woe »

"Hm. It would definitely improve the mood around here. What did you have in mind? Have Eryl make a small announcement, or something more festive?"
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

"I think I'll just leave to Eryl to handle it how he thinks is best. Its his town."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Pebbles shares his thoughts with Eryl and the rest of the group.
"That's an excellent assessment", Eryl exclaims. "After our interrogation we'll lock him in the gaol for a while. Even a small victory such as this should raise the townspeople's spirits."
He looks over the group, "I assume you'll want to join us for the interrogation. Come along."

He then heads upstairs to where the goblin is being held.

OOC: I'll let you post any questions/actions you want to direct to the goblin before I continue on.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Sanzaru isn't great at interrogation. He's comfortable with fighting and interrogating, but the whole lying and torturing areas are hard for him to comprehend. He much prefers when a cleric casts a truth spell, which probably won't be happening in this situation.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

If there's any questions/info that you would like to specifically ask (or have Eryl ask) the goblin for you post them here. I will put up a new post to continue the game tonight - questions or not.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Well, we wan't to know why he's chosen to harass this area. how many warriors does he have, whats the best way to defeat all of them, where are they holed up, who is the spy in the town? how many spies are there? Is the entrance to the lair trapped. where do they hide their best loot.
Woe

Post by Woe »

It'd also be good to namedrop some of Ifon's findings (the location, the priest, etc) to see if there is any recognition. Sorry for being so brief -- camping trip and using my phone. I will clean up this if I get home before Blazeguards post.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

After several hours, using Eryl's 'interrogation' techniques, you have been able to extract the following information:

- Gritznak is definitely holed up in Baleon Nakt
- Gritznak has an army of kobold, goblins, and gnolls in and around the temple and dungeon (unfortunately you weren't able to get a specific number other than 'lots')
- Gritznak has had them collecting people for some reason but the goblin claimed he didn't know why

Unfortunately, continued interrogation failed to reveal anymore useful information.

When the interrogation was over, Eryl hauled the goblin out to the gaol and locked him up for all to see. As for the town, you notice a significant shift towards optimism although you get the sense that the townspeople have no idea what is really going on.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

After basking in the accolades all afternoon, you regroup at the tavern to discuss your next move. As you're sitting there, Eryl strides up and announces "Say hi to Boldol. He just showed up to help with our problem. Maybe you can use some help, seein' as your lady friend seems to have disappeared." He steps aside to reveal a short, heavily-armored halfling grinning up at you.

(you're up Boldol)
asacolips

Post by asacolips »

Boldol continues smiling his usual cheery smile and takes a quick puff of his pipe. He walks up and says, "Boldol, son of Boldor, at your service. I heard you were in need of another sword. I'm not much of a sword swinger, but my dagger and my spear cut down goblins just as well. I was just passing through, but I figure there's more safety in numbers than there is when I travel alone."

Boldol also looks around and requests an ale.