OOC Tavern.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Jandolar

Re: OOC Tavern.

Post by Jandolar »

Something else. I'm planning on doing a lot of your "walking" for you. I.E. There is a 100' long tunnel with nothing in it to see (if the thief fails his roll) so I'll post something like.

You walk almost 100' of tunnel. The sand floor muffles your footsteps as you go. As you near the arched entrance to the room in front of you you hear a low growling and see a diffuse light coming from ahead. As you glance into the room you see several dead bodies both human and Bugbear, two live monsters are growling as they loot the dead, one is limping as it goes, the other stops what he's doing and looks in your direction, not seeing anything he goes about turning over the body of an armored warrior and begins prying at the hand to get the longsword held within.

I'll have rolled everything you will need up to that point (listen checks, scent checks, secret door checks, etc.) so that this flows from one decision to the next.

If that's ok with ya'll let me know. If not I can stop every time I make a roll and let you know the outcome. I'll advise of any "revealing" rolls via (OOC).

Thoughts?
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

That sounds fine to me.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

When you are ready to begin post up "at the door" in the Undermountain, the beginning thread. Once a couple of you are there we'll start and let the rest catch up.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

great idea! keep things rollin!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

sorry for not posting earlier, but I played in and/or audited two lives games back to back on roll20 tonight.

Question, am I correct in interpreting that Durnan will draw one chit from the bucket and that chit is for an entire adventuring party?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Hywaywolf wrote:Oypeen saunters up to his old pal and adventuring buddy, Rykken Steelchanter and says, "I envy you your lack of equipmenting needs. It cost so much to be a slow moving fighter and that old chainmail is getting a bit tattered what with all the patching its had. It more rightly should be called patchmail. But I'm a bit short after replacing my longbow and most of my supplies after that that gelatinous cube came up behind me and engulfed my pack and bow. I thought I was a gonner until you guys pulled me free in time. It sure would be nice to be wearing plate mail when we go down that hole over yonder. But I am just slight 200 gold short."
Oypeen is a bit put out by the lack of conversation from his good friend with all that cash. Guess he'll have to hunt around for a loan somewhere else.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote:sorry for not posting earlier, but I played in and/or audited two lives games back to back on roll20 tonight.

Question, am I correct in interpreting that Durnan will draw one chit from the bucket and that chit is for an entire adventuring party?
You are correct. Each member has a chit representing their party and each person tosses it into the bucket. Yeah it gives bigger parties better odds but it also slows down on the ones and twos that brave the dungeon and ultimately die. The chit is also used to purchase items (you use it to make an impression in wax on a document) with "credit" against the total worth of the party.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I don't want to derail the Apothecary thread so I will continue a discussion from there here.

I think that Charisma is often misplayed. There should be a reason for your charisma. If there is no bonus then you are one of the many people who get by on their abilities, skills, wealth (or lack there of), etc without getting an additional judgement from the people they meet simply from an internal feeling those people get from you. Maybe you were born deformed and people's initial reaction is to wonder if you are cursed by god, or that you are beautiful and graceful and people take an instant liking to you because of that. Maybe you were burned in a fire and have horrifying disconfiguring scars. Or you are just naturally lucky or unlucky.

Whatever the reason is, it shouldn't be played the same way with every encounter. Maybe you are a burn victim and most people are put off by you so they react in a negative manner with you. But what if you were encountering a village of the blind. Should you still be given a negative reaction? Or what if your elitist noblesse puts off the vast majority of people you meet. If you were to meet with a sniveling Royal Posterior kisser seeking entry into the halls of influence wouldn't that same behavior become a positive?
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Yeah charisma is one of the most misunderstood stats out there.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Folks it looks like we are not going to get our Cleric. That's a shame since I feel every party needs at least one. If chiisu doesn't make it I'll try and find you an NPC healer or you can run without one. Your choice.

If I read this right so far we have:
Hyway- Fighter/Magic User
Blazeguard- Magic User
Dyamond- Fighter
LibraryLass- Fighter
Sorin- Thief unless something has changed

Lots of heavy hitters in that group.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18