OOC Tavern.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: OOC Tavern.

Post by Hywaywolf »

maybe the others do. I just like to play.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I recognize the name Waterdeep from Neverwinter Nights but I have just played it off and on a few times and never got very far so I have basically zero knowledge about the city or Undermountain.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Short background on Undermountain, this is but a snippet of information but it should give you a little better understanding of the place.

Over a thousand years ago a wizard named Halaster left off all human contact save for his seven apprentices and moved to Mount Waterdeep, so named for the deep natural harbor protected on either side by natural breakers, to continue his study of extra-planer creatures. Over the years pulled denizens from other worlds to build a wizards tower and tunnel under it to create laboratories and holding rooms for creatures to come. Eventually they came across the Underhalls, great halls the height of a tall man and taller carved by an ancient race of miners now long gone. In the miners absence the Duregar moved in and mined tons of mithril out from under the mountain, shortly before the mines ran out Drow moved in and the Underhalls became home to these two races. The Duregar eventually left the mines and the Drow were slaughtered by surface elves. Halaster actually helped cleanse the halls and many magically misshapen Drow became his servants. After the war was over Halaster banished his minions and retreated deeper into Abeir-Toril (the planet). His quest to gain more and more power eventually turned him quite mad. His apprentices now very powerful themselves eventually made their way down to find their missing master. What they found instead was a maze of traps, monsters, demons both great and small and beings of such immense power that it's a wonder that even one of them survived. One did and she is the reason we have any information at all about the nine lower levels of Undermountain. Eventually the city of Waterdeep grew up under the shadow of the mountain. Folk found the shattered tower and the grotto below and once one of them returned with a bag full of gold others were quick to try it. Soon there were many going in and none coming out. One of the ones to make it in and back out again was Durnan. He came out with enough money to buy the land around the tower and build the Yawning Portal Inn on top of the site. He now controls the most widely known entrance to Undermountain.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Its Castle Greyhawk for Forgotten Realms :)
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I have a proposal that will keep the game moving so I'll just run it up the flag pole and see who salutes.

What say we set a time limit on how long the game waits on any of our replies, then when that time hits the GM makes an action for us. The game moves along and the next time we come online if nothing significant has happened we might be able to modify the action the GM took for us, but nothing that will change any outcomes that have already occurred. We set up a few guidelines for our PCs that the GM can use to make the post for us.

example: Oypeen Szchamie is a elven fighter and magic user. He is haughty and arrogant except when confronted by elves that he perceives as a higher class than he (which would be almost all of them) where he becomes less self-assured, almost wary. He is not afraid to mix it up in a melee, but would prefer some other action that didn't require him being hit back. He will use his magic if the party looks to be overwhelmed, but he doesn't like to use it all up and then feel naked until the next time he can prepare spells.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I like it.. I'm worried if we don't move soon this thing will die before it even gets started...
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

I know that the two we are waiting for are pretty active on the forums so they will probably be worth the wait. The downtime for the site last night screwed things up for people I imagine.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

I love the idea. To be honest I'm getting rather tired of waiting and want to at least get your party into the actual dungeon and moving forward towards impending doo..... I mean fame and wealth! :lol: I think Sorin was planning on a Thief so I know what he's capable of. Chiisu wanted a Cleric (unsure on race here) and I know what they are liable to do in a given situation.

Of it's ok with you guys we'll kick this off tonight, there is a bit to do right up until you drop in and a little bit of discovery at the entrance. We can set a limit of 24 hours between postings, once 24hours has been exceeded I (DM) will make a general decision based on knowledge of the character class as to what they would do. We'll proceed from there.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

You also had a request on the general board to join this game.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote:You also had a request on the general board to join this game.
I've responded and rolled her stat line and magic item. I've also sent a message to Solo to get her access to the thread.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18