Character creation

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: Character creation

Post by Hywaywolf »

We are hauling those potions and the feather fall ring around with us so its not really a problem. This over discussed discussion :) is mostly about what happens in the future so thats not a problem at the moment either. It will all work itself out in time.

BTW, I posted the following on my first post in this thread as a cheat sheet for me to keep in mind who and what we are. If I have anything wrong let me know, please ...

Sturm Stoneshield , Dwarf Fighter, lvl 4, 30hp, 22ac
Hermia Proudfoot, Halfling Fighter, lvl 4, 17hp, 21ac
Oypeen Szchamie, Elven F/MU, lvl 2, 11hp, 21ac
Rykken Steelchanter, Human MU, lvl 3, 10hp, 18ac
Quander Drake, Human Cleric, lvl 4, 19hp, 14ac
Liannna Daggerwall, Human Thief, lvl 4, 18hp, 14ac
Longman

Post by Longman »

OK. So basically there's a massive stash of healing in the party and we can assume that Jandolar is going to hit us hard at some point... :shock: I will leave my sheet as it is but claim items if needs be.

BTW if the reduced movement rate from the chain mail is really an issue, can you take it up top and stash it? I'll wait. We are still right by the entrance and a new PC could always join us on another trip down.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hehe. I don't ever plan to hit a party hard. The stash of things they have was from a fortunate buy of some questionable armor, and the lightning fast resale of that armor, shortly before they dropped in. At that point there wasn't a Cleric for the party so they bought every healing potion they could. Will the sale of what was probably stolen armor come back to bite someone in the rear? Unknown, the dice will decide.

I never punish a party. I never play it like it's me against them. I'm a story teller that gets to roll dice to decide outcomes. Sometimes the dice just hate the party. Other times (like now) the dice love the party. It's all random from my end an all you can do is react to what the dice do. I'll never play to kill any PC nor play to have any PC survive.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

As soon as we finish with the beast that we are in melee with I planned to take it up and store it with my plate mail I left up there.

I think it would be better for you to take some heal pots and add them to your list instead of having someone else carry them. Its not like we brought sherpas with us. Bringing the whole load down with us was just a game aid so that we could make sure that the new players got some of them. No one has actually added the ones they didn't claim to their sheets yet, but now that we are all here now I am sure that Jandolar wants us to put what we are carrying on our sheets.

Jandolar, I am sure that someone is going to be asking about that armor soon. But hopefully we will have enough riches to buy our way out of it :)
Longman

Post by Longman »

I will take 7 of the smaller heal potions and put them on my sheet. That's some back up healing that I can use for anyone in the rear group.

I am going to ask that Lianna take the ring of feather fall. If she keeps sneaking about ahead of the party, she might miss a pit trap, sooner or later.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, this is what we have left, assuming that Lianna takes the ring of featherfall ...

5 potions of Extra Healing (heals 7d8 of hit points).
7 potions of healing (heals 3d8 of hit points).

If no one takes any more, i'll just add them to my sheet.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

For the record, I traded my potions to MedievalMan for the chainmail. Negotiations happened mostly in PMs, I'm dumping my old armor somewhere inconspicuous. If Jandolar likes we can RP the exchange now that the manticore is dealt with.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I will add the Ring of Feather Fall to Lianna's sheet. I kept meaning to do that... :?
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Ok, so if neither of you are taking any potions from the invisible magical sherpa that has been carrying them around then I will put them on my list.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I want an invisible magic sherpa now. :lol: