The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Blazeguard

Re: The Dragon's Apothecary (trading post)

Post by Blazeguard »

Lysander, the female elf who manages the store while Rykken is away, casually examines the items the Paladin has laid on the counter. (While it appears that she only gives the items a cursory search, nothing escapes her scrutiny. She definitely has a 'gift' and with Rykken's tutelage it has been honed to a keen edge.)

After quickly giving the items the once-over she tosses them back on the counter and fixes the dwarf with a hard stare. "I'm not sure what you think you have here but I couldn't possibly let that hammer go without some additional coin. Those boots are all scuffed and worn and I'll have a terrible time trying to find someone who'll fit into boots that small. And this 'elven' cloak, well I haven't seen workmanship this shoddy since my baby sister was learning to weave. The owner would beat me blind if I didn't collect at least 1,000 gp along with these items."

She steps back and crosses her arms, waiting for him to respond.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Longman

Post by Longman »

I'd LOVE me some boots of speed. Then I could wear this chain armour and still be able to get places fast.

Just saying. :)
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Lianna could use a new cloak... ;)
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((I think the boots of speed need to go sturm, especially since we would be trading away the weapon he could use when we have the money to buy it because we don't actually have a dwarven thrower hammer to trade for the boots of speed and dwarven cloak.

Also, Oypeen left the plate mail armor he had in the apothecary to be sold))
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Somewhere in a dungeon a Dwarf smiles..

((Quander I will kill you to get those boots!! :) ))
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Longman

Post by Longman »

This is all pretty hypothetical because they aren't our items, anyway.

But, if we found cool items like that, and they went to people who already had heaps of cool items...

I'd have a problem with that. My character would too.

I think we need to balance that up a bit more. Just saying it again.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

First off, in my opinion we can't get the boots of speed or a fancy cape since we don't own a dwarven thrower hammer. But never the less, if we had found them as treasure, who they should go to should be based on who needs them and not whoever is up next for magic items.

Quander just used some of our magic to run over 140' -through two doors, one of them secret so without a doorknob to make it easy open - and then was still able to attack this round. Sturm can cover 20' if he runs like a scalded dog. In the last encounter, which turned out well thanks to some good rolls even though we didn't play it very smart, we were faced with the choice of leaving sturm to his demise or staying to fight when it looked like everyone else was bugging out.

Sturm has chosen the equipment that he needs to stand between the party and its enemies. And because he is willing to do that he has become our slowest member. In my opinion it is clear cut, for the party's sake, who would need boots of speed if we find them.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

I think this conversation is a beaten bloody horse my this point. But I would like to add that each item should either go to A: Whoever earned it (IE If a character solo's a powerful monster by themselves with no outside help they should get first dibs), or B: Whoever could benefit from it the most. Sturm could really use some Boots of Speed. Quander doesn't unless he donned heavy armor himself.

And that's all I have to say about that.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

(DM folly here. I thought the hammer had been purchased by the shop and was simply there for sale. Is this incorrect? If so then this entire conversation never happened.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

we didn't have 5000 gold for it. we had just enough gold to buy everything but the potion of dragon control, dwarf thrower hammer and the girdle of giant strength. What we didn't buy is listed in teh post before you asked Rykken for help with the Apothecary.