2) Undermountain, the return to Waterdeep.

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Blazeguard

Re: Undermountain, the return to Waterdeep.

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken whistles, "Whew! That was close." Looking at Oypeen he cautions, "I'd be careful with that if I were you." Rykken leans over to examine the necklace but he won't touch it yet.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

As Rykken leans over to take a look at the necklace there comes a flash of orange light from where Opyeen reached up to trap the little ball of flame. The Fireball quickly expands to a 20' diameter engulfing everyone within it. When it clears there are few left alive and only one left standing.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

HEY!!! I already dove for cover and was prone!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

((Oh I knew that was going to happen and I should have had Lianna dive for cover or run or something. Damn fine trap though my hats off to the writer for that one. Very impressive :) ))
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

As the smoke clears and sight returns, a smoldering Hermia looks around in stunned silence. The creaking of superheated armor, the smell of burned hair and flesh all combine to create something out of a nightmare. Looking quickly to her companions she starts to check for signs of life. The one other female member, Lianna, is burned far worse than she was after the coin incident in Undermountain. Life has fled from her mortal shell.

Stepping over to Sturm where he lays prone in an attempt to avoid the trap she can see he has been all but roasted in his armor. That same armor that had protected him from so many other injures is now a blasted and warped thing. It's doubtful even an armorer could get the metal to release its hold on the dead dwarf.

A glimmer of hope when she reaches Opyeen. The crazy mage who actually held a fireball in his hand is alive although the heat and his injuries are causing him further harm as he lies on the floor. He even appears to be smiling, or maybe it's just the skin on his face tightened from burns.

Over to Rykken and even from feet away she knows he'll never cast again. Robes burned away along with the flesh that once hid underneath them. Blackened hands curled into fists from the heat, blackened and shattered teeth in a blackened and shattered skull still have the look of a scream upon them.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((Oypeen's lips are actually reenacting the tinman's action from Oz only instead of oil can he is saying, heeaaaal pot))
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Sturm follows the light and comes out to a place where the women are short and buxom and the beer is free. A slow shiver of sadness fills his body before he shrugs it off and grabs a frosty mug.. A well dressed Dwarf with a book meets him at the gate, looks down and mutters "If I had a gold piece for every time a mage got one of us killed.."
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

dymondy2k wrote:Sturm follows the light and comes out to a place where the women are short and buxom and the beer is free. A slow shiver of sadness fills his body before he shrugs it off and grabs a frosty mug.. A well dressed Dwarf with a book meets him at the gate, looks down and mutters "If I had a gold piece for every time a mage got one of us killed.."

Indeed. ;)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Hermia is too stunned to panic and instead goes into basic survival reflex mode, digging through the packs of her late friends in search of healing potions.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hermia searches for healing potions among the charred remains of her companions and finds a total of 7. Upending one into Opyeen she sees his flesh healed and color returned although he's still unconscious. Taking one herself she is instantly feeling better. Another one into Opyeen to get him over the hill and he coughs a bit and sits up.

(you have four 3d6 potions left)

Items :
Nothing non-magical survived, not even your clothes, nothing.
Ring of the Magi (Opyeen) survived
Ring +4 (Opyeen) survived
Ring of Spell Storing (Rykken) survived
Mail +2 (Hermia) survived
Nothing else magical survived

Whatever it was that Dhree had on her is as gone as her life, it's all dust.

If you take time to look around before you leave there are still the seven gems that were on the plinth laying about. They are valuable but you'll have to have someone determine what they are worth. The ensuing fight and spell damage has also damaged the grate and the trap door. The good news is you can easily get the heavy double crossbow that was hidden under the grate (and its remaining 4 bolts tucked into the stock for easy reload). The bad news is that you're going to have to have help to get your friends out if you want to do so.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18