3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: 3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Post by Hywaywolf »

"If she is alright with going down the passages first looking for traps, its fine with me."
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Sure am!"
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((like a lamb to the slaughter. hehe)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Later on in the evening as the companions chew over the most recent events and try and decide on a course of action, and after having a couple rounds of drinks served on the house, Durnan and a captain of the city watch show up at the corner of the table. The grey bearded man introduces himself as Captain Garavar. A short block of a man he is almost as wide as he is tall. Muscled hands and arms bare from the bicep down are deeply tanned and scarred. After talking with the companions and verifying several of the statements with patrons still in the tavern and with Durnan himself the captain seems satisfied if not thoroughly pleased. Turning to Opyeen he says. So this brother of you traveled all this way just to brag that he'd killed your brothers and sisters and then attempts to kill you as well? Seems like he'd have just offed you from the shadows and been done with it. Well no matter I guess, I don't tend to get wrapped up in family matters if I can help it. Looking back at Durnan he inquires about the barkeep being able to keep an eye on who comes and goes for a few weeks. Getting an affirmative response he continues. I'd watch your backs for a while. Your brother and his companion spent less than an hour in the cell before they escaped. I'll be conducting an investigation into who signed the release papers and let them out. For now know that they are out and about and probably still looking to finish the deed. With that he gives a curt nod and walks back out into the night.

(If you all have nothing pressing to do this evening I'll 'bamph" you all to bed and start up the next morning for your meeting of your possibly newest companion. If you do have things to do then let me know and I'll adjust from there.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen, if he hasn't already, will make sure his adventuring gear is in tip top shape and fully stocked. Thats something he usually does immediately upon returning to the surface. But other than that he will spend some time with hermia and mae trying to see if we can get an approximate location of the drows house in comparison to the tunnels in Undermountain. It would be something to keep an eye out for if we get in that area.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Hywaywolf wrote:Oypeen, if he hasn't already, will make sure his adventuring gear is in tip top shape and fully stocked. Thats something he usually does immediately upon returning to the surface. But other than that he will spend some time with hermia and mae trying to see if we can get an approximate location of the drows house in comparison to the tunnels in Undermountain. It would be something to keep an eye out for if we get in that area.
Opyeen checks over his gear one last time and finds that everything is as it should be. Keeping stock of ones gear can be the difference between life and death in Undermountain and Opyeen is keen on avoiding the later scenario. He then strikes up a conversation with the two cartographer-type halflings in the group concerning the location of the entrance they found in Jysteens house. After several maps are pulled and cross referenced the group notices that there are quite a few others in the tavern that have taken notice of what they are doing. One in particular, a thin waif of a boy is trying very very hard to see what they are doing with out being too obvious.

(LibraryLass Mae has an almost complete map of the surface city of Waterdeep, shes been here for a while. If you want to have her and Hermia join heads with Opyeen you can probably narrow down where the entrance in Jysteens herbalist house into Undermountain is located. In fact..... {dice rolling} Mae is able to pin point the location of Jysteens house in relation to Hermias map of the caverns below. It's located in the large room way to the north on the Undermountain map. I'll annotate a circle there once Mapmatic is up again.)

(That brings to mind shopping. If any of you need to do any shopping for healing potions, arrows, bolts, etc add what you want to your inventory. Rykkens shop is now almost fully stocked with 2d8 healing potions, nothing larger I'm afraid, and just about any non magical item you need. You can of course get things on "credit" since you are part of the reason the shop is doing so well just don't go nuts or the shop won't make much money.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((well I propose we take our mapping into our quarters away from all these prying eyes.)
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Rolling up the multitude of maps and securing gear the CoS heads upstairs to their assigned quarters. Making money for Durnan sure does have its perks considering the companions are residing in a massive suite above the main floor. An open dining area with a large table suited for map reading or group dining dominates. Spreading the maps out the group soon gets to serious work. After a few hours of quiet deliberation Mae picks her head up {dice rolling} as if she's heard something. Hermia follows suit.

(Hermia you have heard something but are unsure what. Mae you have heard someone trying to pick the lock to your rooms.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((crap, maybe coming up here away from all the peeps downstairs wasn't a good idea lol))
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

"Shh! I think I heard something," Hermia whispers

Mae nods and hisses "Outside. Someone is trying to break in!"

Hermia readies her crossbow, kneeling on her chair for stability.

"Mae, stay hidden. They might not know you're with us yet. If a fight breaks out, run and get help. Defend yourself if you need to."

Mae draws her sword and quietly pads over to the nearest spot to the door that she can hide in.

[Can we get a layout of the room? Where is Mae likely to hide? Is there a better position Hermia could take that would give her some cover?]