3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Jandolar's forum for his adventures in Undermountain.

Moderator: Jandolar

Hywaywolf

Re: 3) Undermountain: Life and Death

Post by Hywaywolf »

((i need to get some sleep, I only have shield and charm person left after all of todays activities.)

Oypeen gets his bow out and ready and makes sure his sword is loose in its scabbard. He will then begin thinking about the forces needed for the Charm spell.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken quickly casts Invisibility on himself and then positions himself against the wall behind the door.
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

LibraryLass wrote:
[Can we get a layout of the room? Where is Mae likely to hide? Is there a better position Hermia could take that would give her some cover?]
[not a good one when mapmatic is down, your entry way is probably 20' by 30' and wide open. Table in the middle where you are all located, one door.]

Mae pads over to near the door and hears a muffled curse and a pick dropping to the floor. Looking down there is a crude thieves pick half under the door. A small hand reaches under and grasps the pick, pulls it back outside and continues working, more complaining from outside...
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Hermia- 39/39 Hp AC 18/20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Maephina-30/30 Hp AC 16/18
http://mapmatic.basicfantasy.org/index. ... &mapid=360
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Mae reaches into her backpack and backs up a bit, until she's crouching in the corner just beyond the entryway, figuring this is a safer hiding spot than relying on luck and the shadows. She points to the mages, fishes the scroll out of her backpack, and rolls it over to them. She mimics an explosion and a spider, hoping they'll get the hint about what spells it has on it.

(Rykken or Oypeen can take it if necessary, it's got our old friend Web and Fireball. )
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen walks over to teh door and snatches it open. If its the same small boy, he will snatch him up by the collar and yank him into the room and slam the door behind him. If it is something more dangerous, he will just dive out of the way.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

Walking boldly to the door, as one who has held a killing Fireball in his hand is inclined to do, Opyeen yanks the door open. Before him is a thin waif of a boy, the same one that was trying and failing at listening in down at the common area. Grasping him by his tattered cloak Opyeen pulls him off his feet and sends him sliding into the room. As he skids to a stop several picks and pouches come loose and scatter in all directions. The boy comes to a stop amid a disaster of useless items.....

Sitting up he begins gathering his belongings.Hey! You can't just treat me like this! I'm important!! I have friends that will punish you for this! Continuing to pick things up as he goes Mae notices that he brushes his right hand near at his side subtly touching something sewn into his cotton trousers as if making sure it's still there. After gathering his things he stands tall (figuratively) and takes a stance reminiscent of a thief caught in the act. Half threatening and half looking to escape.Now you'll give me the key of.... the door that opens to a great treasure, one that will make me.. us rich. I'll take it now. You must give it to me without a fight or it can't be.....umm given to me, or something but no fighting!... either way I want the key to the lock that you have or I'll be forced to call my friends and take it. At this point he brandishes his left hand so that all can see a poorly drawn symbol upon the wrist. It appears to be drawn with a char pencil and has three fingers with claws. (It seems he was trying to draw the tattoo of the Band of The Hand on his own......he's no member and probably not a thief.)
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Deciding that the kid is no threat, the halflings stand down. Mae, something of a child at heart herself, feels pretty comfortable that she can get this kid over on our side. She puts her sword down, closes the door, and engages him face-to-face-- all the easier since she doesn't have to crouch down to do it.

"I've got a better idea! Why don't we make a deal? Next time we go down into the dungeon, I'll find you something even cooler and more valuable for your very own, but you have to do something for us first."
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Rykken will wait until an opportune time and then reappear in order to scare/intimidate the youngster and further cement his 'loyalty' to us (whatever Mae is going to have him do for us).
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Jandolar

Post by Jandolar »

The kid looks at Mae with his best street wise look. There is nothing more valuable in Waterdeep or beneath it than that key.... I heard them say so. So you just hand it over and we'll be on our way to riches. Looking at the assembled company around him and the might they have at hand he suddenly becomes more of a child than a cutpurse. I need it. They'll kill my dad if I don't give them something to pay the debt. I have to have that key and I'll do anything to get it. Give it to me...... please. The boy is maybe 12 years old, probably closer to 10 and thin like he hasn't had a decent meal in months. His clothes are rags and he smells like he has never had a bath. The tools he dropped are more like something that has been cast off or dropped than anything a true thief would use. He's ragged, malnourished and desperate. A true ward of the streets he appears at his wits end for a "big score" to save his family.
Oypeen- 30/30 Hp AC 24
Rykken- 24/24 Hp AC 20
Giovanni-40/40 Hp AC 22
Ravoneth-35/35 Hp AC 18
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Oypeen looks up and down the hallway to see if anyone is lurking out there, then closes and relocks the door.

"You'd have a better chance of convincing us to save your dad than to get us to hand over anything we don't want to hand over. Who are these people you overheard and where did you do the overhearing?"