OOC Tavern

Moderator: MedievalMan

Nightwulf

Re: OOC Tavern

Post by Nightwulf »

Alright then I will be a Ranger :D
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

What are the saving throws for humans the rules say "Humans are the "standard" and thus have no saving throw bonuses." So does that mean that I put my saves at "0" or what???
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Based on the stats and magic items I rolled (and, it seems, based on what the party's got already) I think I might be a cleric.

Edit: Well, we've got a cleric already. I could take something else, but my stats are really good for a cleric
Last edited by LibraryLass on Thu May 01, 2014 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibraryLass

Post by LibraryLass »

Nightwulf wrote:What are the saving throws for humans the rules say "Humans are the "standard" and thus have no saving throw bonuses." So does that mean that I put my saves at "0" or what???
That means that you just have the saving throw values for a character of your level. Other races get an additional bonus to certain saves.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

LL, did you see the updated rule where you are allowed to swap two of your stats?
Woe

Post by Woe »

LL, I can play something else as well. I could easily be a fighter of thief and don't care which class I end up with.
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Nightwulf

Post by Nightwulf »

Looking at the core rules the saves are based on class and since I can't view the supplement can someone please PM me the Rangers saves??also do Rangers have any restrictions on the types of armor they can use??
~Welcome To Night Vale
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

RANGER CLASS

The new classes described in this supplement are considered subclasses of Fighter. As such, they have the same attack bonus and saving throws as Fighters of the same level. They should be treated as Fighters for all purposes, unless otherwise noted.
Ranger

Level / Exp. Points / Hit Dice
1 / 0 / 1d8
2 / 2,200 / 2d8
3 / 4,400 / 3d8
4 / 8,800 /4d8
5 / 17,600 / 5d8
6 / 35,200 / 6d8

Rangers are specialized warriors who roam the borderlands, where their mission is to keep the beasts and monsters of the untamed lands at bay. They generally operate alone or in small groups, and rely on stealth and surprise to meet their objectives.

Requirements: To become a Ranger, a character must have a Strength score of 9 or higher (just as with any Fighter), a Wisdom of 11 or higher, and a Dexterity of 11 or higher. They may use any weapon and may wear any armor, but note that some of the Ranger’s special talents and abilities are unavailable when wearing heavier than leather armor. Humans, Elves, and Halflings may become Rangers. If the Half-Humans supplement is used, Half-Elves and Half-Orcs may also become Rangers.

Special Abilities: Rangers can move silently, hide, and track when in wilderness areas, at percentages given in the table below. Apply a -20% penalty when attempting these abilities in urban areas. Move silently and hide may not be used in armor heavier than leather (unless the Thief Options supplement is in use, in which case the adjustments in that supplement should be applied).

Level / Move Silently / Hide / Tracking
1 / 25 / 10 / 40
2 / 30 / 15 / 44
3 / 35 / 20 / 48
4 / 40 / 25 / 52
5 / 45 / 30 / 56
6 / 50 / 35 / 60

Note: If the GM allows Thief characters to allocate their ability percentages, as given on page 142 of Core Rules 2nd Edition, then the Ranger may also be allowed to do so. Rangers gain 14 points per level from 2nd to 9th levels, 9 points per level from 10th to 15th levels, and 4 points per level thereafter.

When tracking, the Ranger must roll once per hour traveled or lose the trail.

A Ranger must declare a chosen enemy. Against this chosen enemy, the Ranger gets a bonus of +3 to damage. This enemy might be a certain category of creature such as Giants, Humanoids, or Dragons. With the GM's permission, the list might include rival organizations, nations, or similar agencies.

Rangers are always expert bowmen. When using any regular bow (shortbow or longbow, but not crossbow), a Ranger adds +2 to his or her Attack Bonus. At 5th level, a Ranger may fire three arrows every two rounds (a 3/2 rate of fire). This means one attack on every odd round, two on every even round, with the second attack coming at the end of the round. At 9th level, the Ranger may fire two arrows every round, with the second attack coming at the end of the round.
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Used The Unseen Servant dice roller for my HP
Level 2 HP: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 plus 7 for first level = 12
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
MedievalMan

Post by MedievalMan »

Nightwulf wrote:Looking at the core rules the saves are based on class and since I can't view the supplement can someone please PM me the Rangers saves??also do Rangers have any restrictions on the types of armor they can use??
Pardon me as I can't remember but Nightwulf you are playing from a phone currently, correct?
Blazeguard wrote:Used The Unseen Servant dice roller for my HP
Level 2 HP: [1d6+1] = 4+1 = 5 plus 7 for first level = 12
You character looks good so far Blaze I just spotted one discrepancy. You halfling fighters Dex is 7 when Halflings are required to have a minimum Dex of 9.

And too everyone I'm sorry I haven't been around very much over the last few days, I have been sick and its hard to get online and post. Hopefully I will be getting better in the next few days.