The Lounge

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Mint

Re: The Lounge

Post by Mint »

Information request / reminder: Were the Taurans the guys who made the little spherical robot that gave Samantha her brain download or were the Taurans the bad guys?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

You found the sphere on this ship. This ship is not the same design as the Tauran ship; it resembles the way humans build ships, actually. The Taurans are the aliens who fired on the Icarus in '63. The robot(s) from the previous episode were not Tauran as far as you know (recall the triangular doorways; also, you have seen photos of the ship that pursued Pegasus), and they were not built by the same aliens who built Bright Moment.

So in summary...

You have Taurans (who may or may not be from the constellation of Taurus)
and the aliens who built the facility at Gliese 67 (last episode)
and the aliens who built this ship
and the Martians, of course

and you haven't met any of them in the flesh, so to speak.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Mint

Post by Mint »

That was an awesome recap Solomoriah! Thanks :)
Mint

Post by Mint »

I don't think the ship coming at us is Tauran. The ship recognizes this one which also has the sphere which enabled Samantha to read the language of the ship. And as Solomoriah said the Tauran ship was of a different design than the Bright Moment.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I don't follow your logic... the ship approaching certainly looks Tauran. Your characters would all have seen the photos from the Icarus encounter, probably many times.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Oh, damn the torpedoes. Full steam ahead! :lol:

The ship approaching looks Tauran.
The Martian ship looked like a squid?
The ship we're on (BM) does not look Tauran or Terran or Martian, but a new form.

Solo, can you give us visually incoherent types a few adjectives we can use to think of the various ship forms, or a picture of each (all in one place) so we get the idea?
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Woe

Post by Woe »

Example of what I'm looking for, humor and odd references intended.

Earthling: looks like an RV strapped on top of two Titan rockets. Like a Star Frontiers assault scout.
Martian: like a squid. Like the bad guys from Mass Effect (the aliens not the humans)
Bright Moment: earthling-like but sleeker. The Normandy from Mass Effect. Amadala's silver ship from SW.
Tauren: honestly, I don't have an adjective for it, which means I don't have a good memory of it. I must have slept through that part of the briefing. :)
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Mint

Post by Mint »

Never mind me. I was suffering from low sugar this morning. Most heinous. Couldn't think. Kept banging into stuff, spilling stuff. Comes from overdoing trying to keep slim. Sigh. Carry on folks. Nothing to see here 'cept a overly body conscious girl.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The Backstory thread has pics of all the spacecraft mentioned, except the Bright Moment, which is on page 49 of Episode 3.

Heck, let's just invite 'em all over for a party:

Martian:

Tauran:

Here's the Bright Moment:

and what the heck, here's it's floorplan:

In case you haven't figured it out by now, these are model rockets. I always loved the little stories that came with a few of the sci-fi models; those stories were part of the inspiration for Space Force.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hmm. Right-click the floorplan and view it to see the whole thing.

NOW... about Episode 4. There is a puzzle of sorts in this episode, a puzzle which you have been given enough pieces to complete. That's the only hint I'll give you... that there is a puzzle. Not what it is, nor what you will learn when you solve it. But you all have enough information to do so. (Assuming that your characters have spent the last few days not just studying the ship but talking about it.)