Shakedown Cruise, Part 1 (Episode 1)

Formerly the play-by-post forum for my TSGS Space Force game, now the private forum for development of the new Space Force Science Fiction RPG game. I've retained the entirety of the original game threads here, to be mined for possible content. See the introductory post for more information.
Woe

Re: Episode 1: Shakedown Cruise

Post by Woe »

"Nice ship, don't you think XO?" Amanda observes as she climbs back into her suit. "Once we get back to Tranquility Base, I can show you how to get to the mess hall. VOQ too. I've already eaten but if you want company, I can always grab a pot of tea while you eat. Otherwise, I'll wander Tranquility more and see what this moonbase is like."

Amanda's main but totally flexible plans for the day: tour Tranquility, get to bed at a reasonable hour, get to CR2 15 minutes before the briefing. Dress uniform. If something comes up that seems more fun than touring around Tranquility Base(a few marines challenge her to firearms practice, touring a Nova-class capital ship or the nuke missile batteries surrounding Tranquility, that's fine too).
Freya HP 24/24 AC 16 (17 two weapons)
Kilian HP 20/20 AC 19 (18 no shield)
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16
Anna HP 12/12 AC 15 (19 defensively)
Bruce HP 20/20 AC 16 (15 no shield)

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

((I am not sure if Scott was living on the ship while he got the engines tuned properly and worked on the checklist or in the VOQ. If on the ship he already has a bottom bunk if in the VOQ he doesn't care which bunk he gets.))

Scott shows Amanda and the Captain and anyone else who peeks in around the engine room paying particular attention to the things that noone else is ever supposed to touch ever, unless he was already dead. He'll then make sure that his engineering space is ship shape and that all his tools are put away and that Finn's revolver is locked up and then he'll get into his suit and return to the station with the others to get lunch.

((When away from the ship do we lock the airlock or would that be a safety hazard. At any rate, we will definitely lock down all control boards and interior hatches.))
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hywaywolf wrote:((I am not sure if Scott was living on the ship while he got the engines tuned properly and worked on the checklist or in the VOQ. If on the ship he already has a bottom bunk if in the VOQ he doesn't care which bunk he gets.))
Lieutenant Scott shooed the last of the ship-building crew off the ship earlier today; they weren't tuning the reactor to suit him, and everything else was done, so he pulled rank and took over. He has a room in VOQ already.
Hywaywolf wrote:((When away from the ship do we lock the airlock or would that be a safety hazard. At any rate, we will definitely lock down all control boards and interior hatches.))
Airlocks are not locked on base, nor are consoles normally key-locked; locking of either can be done by the Captain or First Officer at any time during a mission. Of course, the controls are secured in the "off" position and the reactor is at idle. FYI, Pegasus has a 5% argon fuel load at the moment, just what was loaded for engine testing; the remainder will be added tomorrow morning, probably while you are in your briefing.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Woe wrote:"Nice ship, don't you think XO?" Amanda observes as she climbs back into her suit. "Once we get back to Tranquility Base, I can show you how to get to the mess hall. VOQ too. I've already eaten but if you want company, I can always grab a pot of tea while you eat. Otherwise, I'll wander Tranquility more and see what this moonbase is like."
"Yes, the ship seems to be in tip-top shape. Just between you and me though, I always wonder when I take a ship out on its maiden voyage. I'm glad Lt Scott is on board. He'll make sure everything is running proper.

No need to show me to the mess hall. I've been here so much this is almost like a second home to me"
, he chuckles. "I would love some company though. If we're going to spend the next several months crammed in that little metal cigar tube we might as well get acquainted."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Yes, let's go get something to eat. I'll follow you."

Julius heads with the others to the mess hall.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Woe

Post by Woe »

"Yessir right this way." Amanda suits up and leads they way with Steele.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

It was a bit after one o'clock when the crew of the Pegasus arrived at the mess hall. It was mostly empty, the regular troops having eaten at the prescribed time; only a handful of officers and some civilians were there. Fortunately, there was still plenty of food available, so those who hadn't eaten already loaded up trays and then made their way to the table where those who had eaten were waiting.

A radio station was playing "Aquarius" on the loudspeaker; as the song ended, Amanda heard the call sign of WLS in Chicago, and wondered how long they could keep the station tuned in before it would move out of sight of the antenna.

Just as the conversation began to pick up, James heard a voice from behind him say, "Come here often, sailor?" Turning, he saw Deborah Connors behind him. She smiled. "It seems there was a fueling problem with the transport, and they've grounded it for repairs, so I'm stuck here until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I didn't even bring a book to read."
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

Julius eats quietly, and tries to avoid starting a conversation. If someone tries to talk to him, he'll talk, otherwise he'll be almost completely silent.
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

Solomoriah wrote: Just as the conversation began to pick up, James heard a voice from behind him say, "Come here often, sailor?" Turning, he saw Deborah Connors behind him. She smiled. "It seems there was a fueling problem with the transport, and they've grounded it for repairs, so I'm stuck here until tomorrow afternoon at the earliest. I didn't even bring a book to read."
"Well, I can't say I'm sorry to hear that. I guess we'll just have to find some way to keep you entertained in the meantime". He gave her a mischevious wink, "Have you had lunch yet? Why don't you join us."
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.
Woe

Post by Woe »

Amanda will sip her tea and have a hearty conversation with the crew of the Pegasus. She even tries to draw in Captain Castle a few times. After lunch, she will go for her walkabout. She's happy to have company, but she isn't deterred if she doesn't find any.
Talin HP 29 AC 16
Tiana HP 11 AC 12 SP 8/8
Fido HP 9/9 AC 16

Red Oak map
Red Oak loot