Part One: Arrival in Celob

-1warrior's ruined empire play-by-post.

Moderator: -1warrior

-1warrior

Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by -1warrior »

Tuck walked down through the middle of Celob. It was a small village, with nothing extraordinary about it. The mid-morning spring sun shined down on his shoulders. Birds sang in the trees. Ahead he saw a two-story building, the largest building in town it seemed. A sign showing a Dancing Drake hung above the door. Tuck went in. A modest-sized common room was laid out before him. A counter stood on the far side of the room, and stairs went up in one of the corners. A man looked up from polishing tankards behind the counter. "What can I do for you, laddy?" He asked.

(Metro, you're on)
Magic Items... Sold Dirt Cheap!

My job is to archive all of Hyway's awesome parodies. ;)
Metroknight

Re: Part One: Arrival in Celob

Post by Metroknight »

At the last moment before entering the Inn, tuk chirps at the birds flittering about his shoulder then speaks to them in a soft voice "Fly off now, inside the Inn is no place for you" and they fly off to land on a nearby tree limb to start chirping a melody.

Tuk looks about to see how crowded it is before moving in a casual pace towards the bartop. With shifting eyes back and forth Tuk sighs then sets a clay pot with a lid on to a stool before starting to climb up onto the one next to it. With grunt Tuk's head pops up over the top of the counter where the bartender can see him then gently lifts and sets the claypot onto the countertop "Good sir, I have been traveling far and long. What would you being willing to trade for a nice full claypot of fresh honey? There is even a honeycomb in it."
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

((The common room is empty))

Th innkeeper replies "well my good halfling, my name is Matthew and I'd be happy to give you a room for the night and a couple of meals in return for that honey. Good honey's hard to find you know. I use it for my mead."

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk smiles as he offers his hand out to the bartender only to have his hand engulfed in the grasp "That sound just fine with me. I had some on my way here and it was excellent honey. Those bees were so nice to let me have some after i found a nice blooming field of flowers for them."

After his hand is released Tuk asks casually as he looks about "It is rather quiet here, is this normal? I expected a place of such high quality such as yours to be busier. Oh, could I have a meal and something to drink now because other than the honey, I haven't eaten in a while. My tummy is rumbling and growling at me" and his stomach starts making noises rather loud at that moment.
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

"Well, we're rather empty at the moment, but I expect we'll have more folks around come evening" Matthew replies. "Daniel!" He calls through an open doorway into what appears to be a kitchen. A short man pokes his face out "yes boss?" He asks. "Go get this halfling a meal!" Matthew replies. Matthew then sits Tuk down at the bar. "Just you wait, little one. You'll have your meal in no time" he says cheerfully.

Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Tuk smiles and nods "Forgive my manners but I forgot to introduce myself to you. I've been on the road without companionship for so long I forgot my manners. I'm Tuk, Tuk EnRoll." then returns to looking about the commons while swinging his feet which doesn't reach the floor anywhere close. After a few minutes, Tuk starts to whistle a tune that sounds like a bird song while waiting for his food.
konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

With the sun still rising to it's zenith, Howell moved into the town. He had come to Celob for it's nearness to the border. He looks in the direction of the fallen empire, a smile creasing his face. Soon I'll be knee deep in gold. Laying his hand on his trusty khopesh, he turns and looks around the town. He'd be staying here for at least the remainder of the day, and he wasn't too keen on sleeping 'neath the stars.

After walking for a few minutes, he sees the sign. "This must be the place Celyn told me about." The caravan he'd traveled with had already moved on, wanting to hit the next town before nightfall. Shrugging to adjust the weight of the pack on his back, he steps into the inn.

He spots a man behind the counter, a halfling before it. They appeared to be talking about a pot of honey. But the halfling didn't exactly look 'local', so to speak. Wondering if there are other travelers, he walks to the counter. "Hello there, good sir. Is this is the inn for this town? I'll be needing a place to rest my feet for the day and to fill my stomach, if that isn't too much to ask for." He turns to the halfling, offering him a warm smile. "And good day to you as well."
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

(To Howell)

"My good sir, I can get you a meal for only one gold piece, and a room for the night for two gold."

konrad13

Post by konrad13 »

"Name's Howell. And what is your name, sir, or are you just 'innkeeper'?" He laughs softly as he hands the man three gold pieces.
Elves take to nature like Orcs take to ugly.

So let me get this straight: You murdered a dragon with a fortress?
-1warrior

Post by -1warrior »

(To Howell)

"The name's Matthew. Matthew Simons."

Matthew calls back into the kitchen. "Daniel! Make that two meals!"

"Yessir" a voice replies.